Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra / VMB5000 SD Card Issue

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
unknownentity
Aspirant
Aspirant

At one of the other posts you say that the issue with SD card corruption was resolved with new firmware.

See https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-Base-Station-VMB5000r4-Corrupted-SD-Card/td-p/1912665

This is however not the case for me as there is no new firmware update available for me and SD card corruption still keeps happening. 

I am on 1.21.0.2_1423 and "no updates available". How can the SD card issue be fixed please?

16 REPLIES 16
Lombar
Aspirant
Aspirant

From a few days I detected that I can't watch the stored videos from my app.
I can watch the cameras live, and the videos are stored in the micro-sd card. I extracted and I can watch them in my computer.

Looking for the problem I discovered that in the settings have disappeared the options of the direct access and the port forwarding, that works before because I redirected my router ports.

Seems like Arlo deleted this function to make more difficult watch your stored info and buy a subscription.
You can see in the screenshots that there aren't the old options that all the Arlo help documents say must be.

Screenshot_2023-07-11-14-14-09-94_b07d45108e326d19169bbaeabc36ea7a.jpgScreenshot_2023-07-11-14-13-49-36_b07d45108e326d19169bbaeabc36ea7a.jpg 

aadasme
Guide
Guide

arlo3.jpgI am constantly receiving the SD Card is Corrupted  message on my Arlo App.  I fix by reformatting the card, however the fix works for only a few days then the message is displayed again.  arlo.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would eject the drive and plug it into a computer to copy off any videos you want to save. Then reinsert it into the hub and format it again. If desired, you could copy the whole Arlo folder onto the computer and then back onto the drive once formatted.

aadasme
Guide
Guide

Thanks, agree this is a work around but still a pain to do each time when the whole reason you spend a lot of money on a system like this is for it work! In this case that I can access the videos directly from the app. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should help with this issue. Can you check to see if you received the latest firmware update and test again: VMB5000-1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3

unknownentity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still on version (1.21.0.2_1423_8a519c8) and hub says "No update available". What can I do to receive new FW?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@unknownentity You can unplug and reboot you base station, hopefully that triggers the update. If not the updates usually occur over night.

unknownentity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks good after reboot and SD card seems ok for now. Will monitor for couple of days, hopefully the card not become corrupted again.

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@unknownentity Thanks for the update!

aadasme
Guide
Guide

The “corrupt card” issue seems to be fixed with the update but the other issue where I cannot access videos stored locally from the app is still not fixed!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the current apps support both the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos as well as the new one that uses Feed, which one are you using? There's a big difference in accessing local recordings between UIs.

aadasme
Guide
Guide

IMG_4145.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the app version, not the user interface in use. The app supports 2 different interfaces which I talked about in my previous post. Answering that would help bring clarity.

AlexaisNuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS, I’ve got the updated firmware, which has indeed fixed the corrupted card issue, but still unable to access recordings. Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlexaisNuts wrote:

Hi ShayneS, I’ve got the updated firmware, which has indeed fixed the corrupted card issue, but still unable to access recordings. Any suggestions?

Were you ever able to access them?

Does your app interface show "Library" or does it show "Feed" and "Dashboard"?

AlexaisNuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Previously able to view (when on home network or remotely via app on iPhone), dashboard says ‘Library’, but error pops up saying ‘Videos stored on home cam are not available, etc…’

***UPDATE*** I deleted and reinstalled the app on iPad and functionality has returned. 

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation