Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AJD8
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system has 5 Ultra cameras - 4 outside and 1 inside. I have configured the system/cameras (when in alarm mode) to activate (cross trigger) the indoor camera siren and push notifications (and emails) to my iOS devices if anyone of the outside camera senses motion. The indoor camera is used for indoor observation (when placed in manual view mode) and the aforementioned siren function. This configuration works fine under normal circumstances, but on occasion, the siren in the indoor camera gets triggered without any notifications or video capture from the outside cameras.  Without notifications or captured video, I can't tell which outside camera is triggering the indoor camera siren. I believe that something is briefly triggering one or more of the outside cameras, but the event is not long enough to capture video and push notifications, but it is just long enough to trigger the inside camera alarm. I have also used the smart zone features and have adjusted the camera motion settings and I have attempted to work with Arlo tech support a number of times on this annoying problem on my $1,000 system, but I and have not had any luck getting it resolved. 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AJD8

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

AJD8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have reset the cameras, adjusted the motion sensitivity, activity zones and smart notifications to recognize people only. I did witness at least 3 fast/false trigger events on one of the outside cameras when cars (with their lights on) went by in the distance, outside of the activity zone, but still in the field of view. This confirms my suspicion that motion triggering and the subsequent alarm cross-trigger function must be a separate pre-video processing task. Perhaps a time delay or additional logic is needed for this to work properly. Whats also interesting is that my Amazon Echo show devices will verbally alert to a fast/false trigger, but not the Arlo system!  I believe that I can share my hypothesis with confidence as I have 40+ years experience as an Industrial automation/machine controls engineer with vast experience with machine vision systems, including 3 patents in the field.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Do you happen to be using the local storage feature? I also noticed your cameras are are set to 100% sensitivity, if possible, lowering these values should help with the overall false triggers.

AJD8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have a 32GB memory card in it, but I'm not using it yet. I have raised and lowered the camera sensitivity and have similar results. The issue is why don't I get notifications along with a cross-trigger event? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation