Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abt
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4 older Arlo camera (H3 model) that work beautifully for year with almost no problems. Then back in May this year I purchased 3 Arlo Ultra 2 cameras with a new base station.

It has been nothing short of terrible. They just don't work the way they should.

The problem is that they don't detect things very well. I can be quiet random. Someone can walk out of the house and two cameras will detect and record as they are supposed to. The same person can then return to the house later via the exact same path and be completely missed by both cameras. Sometimes it's the opposite, a person can arrive and be detected but leave undetected. Sometime one camera will detect and the other not.

Sometimes the cameras can detect a small bird and other time you can drive a car directly under a camera and it will not detect it.

There has recently been an event on the property that could now become a legal issue, this should have been detected but instead it was missed by all three cameras.

Often the recordings are late. Something triggers them and a several seconds later they start recording often whatever triggers them has left the scene.

The connectivity ranges from full to 2 (out of 3) bars even though the cameras are no more than a 5 meters away. from the base station. That’s being generous, they are more like 3-4m away.

I’m extremely disappointed see that these are not only one the most expensive cameras on the market they also have the one the most expensive subscription plan. They are basically useless. They can’t even detect a car diving right under them or often a person walking by right up to them.

Every possible solution has been tried. Resetting, rebooting, reinstalling, moving, you name it. Nothing makes any difference.

I have had one of the old cameras mounted directly besides one of the new ones and it has been absolutely flawless, 100% detentions and works they way it should.

So here I am in a last ditch effort to see if someone has been in a similar situation and perhaps solved it. I know it is a long shot but replacing them is super in convenient. Short of someone chiming in with a miracle I have no choice but to return the cameras now.

2 REPLIES 2
sarah_1000
Initiate
Initiate

Following the answers on this thread closely.  I have the exact same issues but also can't get recordings. Arlo support have not helped at all, just the same instructions to reboot, remove and re-install.....etc......
There must be a trick to get these cameras to work efficiently as they are the most expensive out of the range, but I currently also can't see their value. 
About to give up on the Ultra 2 and go back to the cheaper Arlo Cameras also.

abt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for responding and taking the time read my post. I've sent an pretty much the same thing to them via email. I've also told them that if that can't solve it I'll be seeking a refund. It's not the outcome I really want, when the cameras do work they are great, but what else can I do.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation