Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SmartHub connected to Deco Mesh problem

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jwDaveArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo ultra 2 SmartHub problems

I purchased 2 cameras and 1 doorbell together with a SmartHub. The cameras are great but the hub keeps dropping out and flashing orange, this I read is a poor connection to one of the cameras. As one camera did have a weak signal I purchased a second hub and placed it much nearer to furthest camera. Now both hubs keep going offline and flashing orange.

Both hubs are connected to Deco Mesh hubs. The Deco signal strength is good.

When the hubs are offline if I keep requesting the hub information from my phone after a few attempts they come back on line.

Any suggestions to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Since both hubs do this, I would try bringing a camera closer to see what happens. If the same thing, it may be there's some interference that needs to be tracked down. I would also verify that you can reach Arlo's servers (use a browser to my.arlo.com) while the LED is still flashing.

jwDaveArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for this, the most distant camera is only 10m away with a direct line of sight, when either of the hubs flashes orange I can still reach my.Arlo but not live view, only library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have any experience with Deco Mesh but I wonder if that's part of the issue (or perhaps your ISP). Where are you located?

jwDaveArlo
Tutor
Tutor

It may be, I plan to try with a long Ethernet cable and see if it still happens. I also rely on a mobile router as I live in a remote part of the Brecon Beacons, this may be contributing?

jwDaveArlo
Tutor
Tutor

i tried direct Ethernet to my router and still the same problem, it will be stable and blue for anything up to an hour and then drop out flashing orange for maybe 5 minutes then back to blue. Same for both hubs.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The mobile modem could be the issue, perhaps by causing connections that aren't being used to be paused to save bandwidth.

jwDaveArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting thought and quite probable. Many thanks, I will investigate.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation