Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Marc_Aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have recently purchased the following cameras for my system.

2 x Ultra 2 4K - VMC5040-200AUS

4 x Pro 4 2K - VMC4450P-100A

1 x Essential Wireless Video Doorbell - AVD2001B-100AUS

I realised after the fact that the Ultra 2 and Wireless doorbell don't connect directly to the wifi and would require a Smart Hub to work which is fine, I can purchase the smart hub. What I would like to clarify first is when I set up my system with the smart hub connected devices and the Pro 4 cameras connected to the Wifi, will I be able to use this on one account? Are the compatibility issues between the different generation cameras?

Have a done myself a mischief trying to mix these products?  I chose the two 4K cameras for their increased FoV and increased quality, I just kind of expected all of Arlo products to be able to talk to each other. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Marc_Aus wrote:

I realised after the fact that the Ultra 2 and Wireless doorbell don't connect directly to the wifi and would require a Smart Hub to work which is fine

Not quite right.  The AVD2001B will connect directly to your home wifi.  It currently won't connect to a smarthub (though Arlo is planning to add that - hopefully soon).

@Marc_Aus wrote:

What I would like to clarify first is when I set up my system with the smart hub connected devices and the Pro 4 cameras connected to the Wifi, will I be able to use this on one account? 

Yes.

@Marc_Aus wrote:

Are the compatibility issues between the different generation cameras?

No, but some older bases don't support the newer cameras.  Details are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marc_Aus wrote:

I realised after the fact that the Ultra 2 and Wireless doorbell don't connect directly to the wifi and would require a Smart Hub to work which is fine

Not quite right.  The AVD2001B will connect directly to your home wifi.  It currently won't connect to a smarthub (though Arlo is planning to add that - hopefully soon).

@Marc_Aus wrote:

What I would like to clarify first is when I set up my system with the smart hub connected devices and the Pro 4 cameras connected to the Wifi, will I be able to use this on one account? 

Yes.

@Marc_Aus wrote:

Are the compatibility issues between the different generation cameras?

No, but some older bases don't support the newer cameras.  Details are here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

Marc_Aus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thats fantastic news! Thanks mate, I didn't think I was in trouble but I definitely got myself worried for a sec. Cheers
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, the Ultra2 also connects to a SmartHub or many bases:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

AFAIK, the Ultra2 also connects to a SmartHub or many bases:

Yeah, I should have pointed out that the Ultra 2 does require a base (though @Marc_Aus did say he was aware of that in the first post).

Marc_Aus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, yeah I was aware that the Ultra 2 required a SmartHub. Thanks again folks 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation