Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MrArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

When reviewing some recordings from one of my three cameras I noticed it was playing music from it. This was really strange. I'm wondering if the Arlo system has been hacked. It was playing american pop music. I don't know if it was playing it loud or just inside the camera. This occurred on the 6th of February. And I'm reviewing it first today on the 18th of February.

This happened three times the same day with the same camera, and has not happened before or since - as far as I know.

This is not from any neighbors playing loud music. And also not from my own phone or our radio playing. This was coming from the camera. Kind of spooky to think Arlo might not be so secure as thought.

Any one else experience this? 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No hacking, just some local music being played. I get nearby sounds played through my cameras which makes it weird but understandable.

MrArloUser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sounds strange. This doesn't make sense. Local music being played inside my camera. I live in a isolated area. That kind of music that was being played is not something you would normaly hear. The music was being played from the morning to late night. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just a thought, as you live in an isolated area could you have any broadcast towers close by, could also be amateur radio people doing something silly.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MrArloUser wrote:

This doesn't make sense.

I think @jguerdat was thinking you were hearing the music while watching a recording or a livestream.

But it sounds like you are saying that you are hearing music coming through the camera loudspeaker when you aren't using 2-way talk.   If so, that is quite unusual - not something I've seen here before.  It'd be prudent to change the password on your Arlo account.  Also check with anyone who has "friend" access.

AneurinAgnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

The music was being played from the morning to late night. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is possible that some elec devices can pick up music now and then... it has happen with other devices tho usu if nearby a transmitter.

I would either swap two cameras or place another camera temp near the first to eliminate the outside music possibility and/or see if the issue just follows that camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation