Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App - can you monitor 2 systems from 2 different countries in same Arlo App?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloCameraNOV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have Arlo Ultras in 1 country already set up and video being monitored through Arlo app.  Can I add the Arlo Ultras I'm going to install in another country in the same Arlo App?  The security camera system already set up - its cameras run off wifi in that country.  The security camera system looking to set up in different country will run off wifi account in that country.  I don't know if that makes a difference.  Don't want to mess with Arlo App which is working fine by trying to add new system (hub and 2 cameras) if it isn't doable.  Thank you for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
ArloCameraNOV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uh oh - it seems this question has been asked already upon doing more research!  Replying to my own inquiry with apologies.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you found the answer some place else it would be courtesy to provide the answer or a link for the next customer.

If not inclined, just delete the thread.

ArloCameraNOV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, not sure how to delete thread, but in terms of answer - In the Arlo app, I just added and named devices starting with base station, then the 2 cameras connected to it.  I believe I was able to do that because I only have 4 cameras.  Note, someone reached out to me by text then called me to provide text support - called ArloCam.  They wanted to charge $250 USD to update firmware and for a lifetime account with them.  Didn't do it - and the base station updated its firmware once connected to internet.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Check your privacy settings on the forum account to ensure you are not advertising your personal details.

Also be careful on links being posted as I have seen XSS scripts posted that could be a sign of attempted scraping of your web browser cookies to access your account to get your details.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloCameraNOV wrote:

someone reached out to me by text then called me to provide text support - called ArloCam.  They wanted to charge $250 USD to update firmware and for a lifetime account with them.  Didn't do it - and the base station updated its firmware once connected to internet.

That would be a scam support site.  No idea how they found you.

@ArloCameraNOV wrote:

In the Arlo app, I just added and named devices starting with base station, then the 2 cameras connected to it.  I believe I was able to do that because I only have 4 cameras. 

With the multicamera Arlo Secure/Secure Plus subscription there is no limit to the number of cameras that can be added to the subscription plan. With older subscriptions there was a limit (which as you might expect, varied from plan to plan).

Either way, you can add as many cameras and bases as you like to the account - the limit is only about the number you can put in the subscription plan.  Though if you use the 7-day free cloud storage with the old cameras, there is a limit of 5 unsubscribed cameras per account to keep that.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation