Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
cameronsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use the Arlo App with "Feed" experience. When I setup an Automation with "Arrive/Leave", the automation setting disappears after I logged out (and then back into) the account. This renders the app unusable with geofence.

I need to log out/back into the account because I manage multiple Arlo accounts with different locations and different ownership. The same thing happens with all of the Arlo accounts I tried. This made me suspect something is weird with my app.

Steps I have already tried: -- I removed the app off my iPhone and re-downloaded the latest app. I removed the cameras and re-added them to my account. I made sure they have the latest firmware. I even erased all Arlo cloud and reset/erase all Arlo devices under the "privacy/content" section.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15
cameronsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Further information:

I have already followed all steps outlined in this document https://kb.arlo.com/000062825/Why-isn-t-my-Arrive-Leave-Automation-working

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cameronsnow 

Does the same occur with app version 4.10.6

Thanks 

cameronsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked my iPhone. I am using Arlo app 4.10.6 at the moment, which I believe is the lates.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I have provided this to the appropriate team and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

TimSevo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I am having the same issue, latest app version 4.10.5 om Android  and can't save automations. Button is there but doesn't do anything when i press it. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this still occur with App version 4.11?

mattdirks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the Save button for Automations does not work with 4.11 on Android.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mattdirks 

Thank you for the info. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Taylor33
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work by tapping specific people and selecting them. It wouldn't let me save if it was on "anyone" fyi

mattdirks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry Shayne... didn't see your message.  Was waiting a response after I sent you my screen recording.

Yes, I am still experiencing this issue.  I cannot save an automation on Android.

mattdirks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just tried that, and still did not work.

Are you using the Arrive/Leave automation or something else?

Taylor33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup arrive leave and when I tapped specific people the button worked. I HD the same issue and came her before doing that. 

mattdirks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still does not work for me...even if I choose specific people.

I can save the choice of people, but when it returns to the main automation screen, I still cannot choose save on that screen to save the automation.

Taylor33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm did you name it and fill in every option?  Sorry that did it for me hopefully someone can help. 

mattdirks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok...so going through and saving every step of the way does the trick.

Thanks Taylor33!

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation