Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All events are logged correctly with a time stamp and most recordings I can play back, but not all:

In ~30% of cases there is an event in local storage library and “download” offered, but after download only an empty rectangular presented instead of a thumbnail with an image. There is no error message.

In  ~70% of cases after download there is a thumbnail with an image and playback possible.

=======================================================================

VMB5000 r5; firmware: 1.16.3.4_744_c289687; + Samsung 256GB microSDXC card;

cameras: "Arlo Ultra 2" hardware: H10;  firmware: 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184

iOS 14.2; Arlo App v2.21;  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All locally stored videos play back on iPhoneX over wifi after I un-installed and -re-installed the Arlo App for iOS, the same version: 2.21  (1397) released Oct.9, 2020. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies a corrupted video file. What is the size/length? Have you tried the free VLC viewer to see if they will play?

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

>Have you tried the free VLC viewer to see if they will play?

Yes. Both files play on mac book pro/quicktime. Both files do not play (empty container) on Arlo App/iPhone

> What is the size/length?

file1: 2MB (Arlo 1st gen); file2: 8.5MB (Arlo Ultra2)

Please note that many other clips play on both: Arlo App/iPhone and mac book pro/quicktime.

I reformatted the microSDXC in Arlo App/iPhone and same issue continues with new clips.

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All locally stored videos play back on iPhoneX over wifi after I un-installed and -re-installed the Arlo App for iOS, the same version: 2.21  (1397) released Oct.9, 2020. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation