Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any ideas why I’m not able to playback some recordings from local storage (microSDXC)?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All events are logged correctly with a time stamp and most recordings I can play back, but not all:

In ~30% of cases there is an event in local storage library and “download” offered, but after download only an empty rectangular presented instead of a thumbnail with an image. There is no error message.

In  ~70% of cases after download there is a thumbnail with an image and playback possible.

=======================================================================

VMB5000 r5; firmware: 1.16.3.4_744_c289687; + Samsung 256GB microSDXC card;

cameras: "Arlo Ultra 2" hardware: H10;  firmware: 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184

iOS 14.2; Arlo App v2.21;  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All locally stored videos play back on iPhoneX over wifi after I un-installed and -re-installed the Arlo App for iOS, the same version: 2.21  (1397) released Oct.9, 2020. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies a corrupted video file. What is the size/length? Have you tried the free VLC viewer to see if they will play?

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

>Have you tried the free VLC viewer to see if they will play?

Yes. Both files play on mac book pro/quicktime. Both files do not play (empty container) on Arlo App/iPhone

> What is the size/length?

file1: 2MB (Arlo 1st gen); file2: 8.5MB (Arlo Ultra2)

Please note that many other clips play on both: Arlo App/iPhone and mac book pro/quicktime.

I reformatted the microSDXC in Arlo App/iPhone and same issue continues with new clips.

weft
Apprentice
Apprentice

All locally stored videos play back on iPhoneX over wifi after I un-installed and -re-installed the Arlo App for iOS, the same version: 2.21  (1397) released Oct.9, 2020. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation