Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding back a removed camera to my app

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I accidentally removed a camera from my app and can’t figure out how to get it back. It’s still recording and working perfectly but I can’t see it on my app.

16 REPLIES 16
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmjm wrote:

I accidentally removed a camera from my app and can’t figure out how to get it back. It’s still recording and working perfectly but I can’t see it on my app.

Do you see it in a PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

Are you using the primary account in the app?

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot see it in the browser either and yes, I am using the primary account on the app. I already tried unplugging and restarting the Smart Hub Base Station as well as re-syncing the camera. I still get the notifications pop up upon movement and can still see the recordings in my Library. Just can’t get the camera on my app. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmjm wrote:

I cannot see it in the browser either and yes, I am using the primary account on the app. I already tried unplugging and restarting the Smart Hub Base Station as well as re-syncing the camera. I still get the notifications pop up upon movement and can still see the recordings in my Library. Just can’t get the camera on my app. 

I think you will need support to resolve this. Do you have a subscription?  

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thx. I do not have a subscription.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmjm wrote:
Thx. I do not have a subscription.

Hopefully one of the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @JessicaP ) will see this, and escalate.

One option is to purchase a subscription, and then cancel it after the problem is resolved.  They will rebate the unused portion of the month when you cancel.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmjm

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I don’t know what to do to get my camera back on my app so I can watch it live????

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you see the camera listed in your Device settings > My Devices in the app? Have you tried to factory reset the camera by holding the sync button for 15 sec?

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Camera is not listed in my Device Settings. It disappeared when I accidentally hit 'Remove Device'.  I tried to 'Add New Device' but it does not show up. It still records activity that I can pull up from My Library.  But I cannot pull up live feeds nor do I get notifications of movements like my other 3 cameras and the way I used to for this camera. I tried resetting the Smart Hub/Base Station but did not know there was a factory reset for the camera? I will try that later today. Thx for your assistance. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmjm

Did the manual reset on the camera work? Were you able to readd and live stream? 

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately the manual reset did not correct the issue. Still records but same problems - not visible on my app and no live stream. Other ideas?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmjm

Do you mind providing a screenshot of the missing camera in your device list. Also I would lie to look in to this further for you. The development team would like to request a device Log for troubleshooting if possible, if you don't mind.  this occurring on iOS or Android? 

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo.jpg

So now only 3 cameras visible. iOS.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Would you like to provide a trouble shooting log for me? I will need to know if yo are on Android or iOS 

Thanks 

Jmjm
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS

I've tried Adding Device, both automatically via search and Manually as well as Resetting the home base and the camera. Anything else you need?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmjm

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation