Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ihadawoody
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does the ARLO secure PLUS subscription provide better movement detection than the ARLO secure subscription?

My son subscribes to the ARLO secure plus and I to ARLO secure. His cameras appear to pick up
More activity

Thanks

Woody
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ihadawoody wrote:
Does the ARLO secure PLUS subscription provide better movement detection than the ARLO secure subscription?

No.

@Ihadawoody wrote:

My son subscribes to the ARLO secure plus and I to ARLO secure. His cameras appear to pick up more activity

It's not the subscription.

Nominal range of the passive infrared (PIR) sensors used to detect motion is 20-25 feet.  It will sometimes pick up things further away (particularly vehicles), but not as reliably.

The sensors are designed to be most sensitive to motion across the field of view.  They are also more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view.  Repositioning your cameras with this in mind might help.

You can also try increasing the motion sensitivity.  The default threshold is 80%. https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ihadawoody wrote:

No.

@Ihadawoody wrote:

My son subscribes to the ARLO secure plus and I to ARLO secure. His cameras appear to pick up more activity

It's not the subscription.

Nominal range of the passive infrared (PIR) sensors used to detect motion is 20-25 feet.  It will sometimes pick up things further away (particularly vehicles), but not as reliably.

The sensors are designed to be most sensitive to motion across the field of view.  They are also more sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view.  Repositioning your cameras with this in mind might help.

You can also try increasing the motion sensitivity.  The default threshold is 80%. https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

Ihadawoody
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation