Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4k video in not viewable on computer

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lenten
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not view 4k video on my PC or MAC.  Reading some similar issues from a year ago, it identified the need to use Edge.  However even while using Edge neither the PC or MAC could download or view the 4k video.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edge now uses Chromium as its base so has the same issue as Chrome and Firefox (and others) which is the lack of licensing for the codec. You have to download the videos to view them on a computer using something like the free VLC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edge now uses Chromium as its base so has the same issue as Chrome and Firefox (and others) which is the lack of licensing for the codec. You have to download the videos to view them on a computer using something like the free VLC.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

The one way to view on a pc is to install a android simulator allowing you to download and run apps from google play just like you do on a phone.  The thing it will come down to is the speed and capabilities of your pc. Mine is about 6 years old and although it works for this I found the video to be a little choppy as my chip and graphics aren't the fastest.  Also there is talk of Microsoft adding android to windows but I doubt that would be until the new system predicted for the fall release.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation