Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
apicalforamen
Guide
Guide
I’m having issues with being able to stream 4K video from my Ultra 2 cameras when my phone is connected to the same WiFi network as the cameras.

The only issue I could see would be that my base station is plugged into a power line adapter instead of the router directly? If I reset the base station 4K will work for a few hours but then stops by the time I try it again later in the day.
5 REPLIES 5
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Using the power line adapter could be the issue.  I use 3 of the Netgear power line adapters  2 for TV's and one for The printer and they do sometimes act up.  Sometimes they won't work and a reset will take care of it until the next time.  Seldom are the TV's a problem but my last two printers would and my newest eco tank flat refuses to work with the adapter even though it finds the router and correctly identifies everything with no issue.  Running through the power lines probably leads to interference issues.  For instance if I plug both adapters for the TV's in to the same circuit there are issues but if they are plugged into two different circuits they are fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LandJS wrote:

Using the power line adapter could be the issue.  I use 3 of the Netgear power line adapters  2 for TV's and one for The printer and they do sometimes act up. ... For instance if I plug both adapters for the TV's in to the same circuit there are issues but if they are plugged into two different circuits they are fine.

FWIW, I've also found that Powerline networking can be hit-or-miss.   Unfortunately wifi extenders also can be hit or miss.

If it is possible to temporarily run an ethernet cable to the base, then that would be the simplest way to figure out if the powerline is the problem.

@apicalforamen :  are you seeing the base station go off-line?  Or just issues with the live streaming?    

apicalforamen
Guide
Guide

Only issues with the 4K streaming, the camera always works but the 4K never kicks on. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@apicalforamen wrote:

Only issues with the 4K streaming, the camera always works but the 4K never kicks on. 

Is "Auto Zoom & Tracking" set?  That will limit video to 1080p.

There is also a setting in the app for this - https://kb.arlo.com/000062127/How-do-I-stream-in-4K-with-my-Arlo-Ultra-camera  This setting isn't available in the web ui.

apicalforamen
Guide
Guide
No, auto zoom and tracking is not on. And yes, the option to turn on local 4K streaming is selected.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation