Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo pic.png 

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the MODE tab is not available in the Arlo Android App. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

______

Update 1:

Hello Arlo Customer,

Thank you for your patience. We have identified the issue with MODES that is affecting some of our Android customers. We are in the process of validating the fix and expect to have it verified and deployed shortly. Please stay tuned…

Arlo Team

Update - *Resolved*:

Hello Arlo Customers,

We have deployed a fix. The ability to access the modes tab has been fully restored for all Android Customers. Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this caused.  

Arlo Team

Update #2: 

After working with some of you directly, we have identified an unexpected exception where some Android customers are still experiencing an issue with the Modes tab appearing in the app. We are validating another fix and would like to ask you to confirm if the issue is now resolved for you? You may need to force quit the app and log back in.  

We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to hearing more feedback.  

Arlo Team

68 REPLIES 68
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have the latest app and maybe tried reinstalling it?

Emmoth
Aspirant
Aspirant
After two powercycles of the base station the mode tab is back.
ArielCruzado
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

I still have the problem in the ARLO app in my Samsung S8+ with Android 7.0 and in my wife S6+ too.

When you plan to fix this? can we go back to the previous APP?

I need to log to the web for changes (and by the way I can not log from the cellphone as it keep pushing me to the loop to download the app) so I need to go to a computer.

To add to this the program function cannot even been manage in the web.

Please fix this

ArielCruzado
Tutor
Tutor

Fix is not working!!!

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary
As of yesterday, Android and Apple both failed me. Both had the modes removed and not by me. I had to fix the recording times as well. Worked randomly yesterday, so far so good today but I’m home so I’m not triggering the camera. Also, sometimes in my custom mode, it duplicates where it says: do the following ( record video) it shouldn’t show up twice like that. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. Could that be confusing something in the software? I would kind of think so.
AlexKo
Tutor
Tutor

I have opened a support ticket on this issue a while ago (Support Case #30144211). Recently I have got an email informing me that the issue is resolved for all users. All I need to do is uninstall and reinstall the app. I did it on multiple android devices. However, the issue is still there. They asked me to confirm the resolution. However, it is “do not respond” email and the link to update the ticket comments comes up with the empty website. It looks like they closed the ticket without confirmation form the end user. Live chat is unavailable, email communications are unavailable, the phone support puts me on hold with #31 in queue and unknown waiting time. Terrible support service.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

This was over a month ago, and my app just update this morning.  Still no modes in the android...

antto77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo said they fixed the MODE problem, it didnt reappear for me. I have now put 2-3 hours investigating this, very annoying. But I got it working. For me, id didnt work on any Android or Ios device.

I logged into my account on a PC running windows and made one little change to a setting to a camera. I dont think it matters what setting you change. The the mode TAB suddenly reappeared.

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary

Well, I tried that but it didn't work.  But thanks for the suggestion.

curtk
Aspirant
Aspirant

My devices still do not show the Modes tab.  They were working fine until three or four months ago when they stopped working for many.  I have tried removing the Arlo app, restarting my devices, and reinstalling the Arlo app, as recently as yesterday (June 9, 2018).  Still no luck.  I have four Samsung cell phones where the app stopped working properly: Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7, and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  The Samsung Galaxy S8+ is the primary device using this app.  It's a model SM-G955U, running Android 8.0.0.

I am very disappointed with the slow response and the amount of time that it took for you to recognize this problem in the first place.  This has made the system virtually useless for me, since I use it as my primary burglar alarm. I arm it each day after arriving at work (used to use Schedule, but my wife's new work schedule varies to frequently now).  I can't usually login on a computer at work, so most days its unarmed all day.  I've spent over $800 on Arlo equipment and have recommended this product to many others, and am certain that several purchased Arlos as a result.  I'm seriously considering a switch to another system if this doesn't start working for me very soon.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

ArielCruzado
Tutor
Tutor
I feel the same. The lack of attention to get this solved or issue a response asap is really showing lack of respect to customers
AlexKo
Tutor
Tutor

I got the mode tab back on the app today after resetting the base unit. Hopefully it will stay going forward.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Boss281
Luminary
Luminary
JamesC was the firmware deployes? My modes tab reappeared this time after resetting yesterday. Prior to then a reset did nothing.
ArielCruzado
Tutor
Tutor

Sign me up I need to get this solved

ArielCruzado
Tutor
Tutor

When you say "resseting" is disconnecting it and turning up again or you reset ALL 

thanks 

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

@ArielCruzado wrote:

When you say "resseting" is disconnecting it and turning up again or you reset ALL 

thanks 

It means reset the base station, remove the camera and add it back, re sync it etc. Act as if you just brought it home for the first time. Redo everything 

Urisciaky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i have an android s8 phone and it the mode tab is not available yet.
I have an arlo older model base station that a got with the first arlo cameras.

Tnx

Uri
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Related Labels
Discussion stats