Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
FlCottage
Star
Star

Thank you!  I had tried this remedy shortly after the system went crazy. I just followed your steps again and my system now seems to be working again.

FlCottage
Star
Star

NEVER MIND SUPPORT...I have taken the advice of another USER and I believe that my system is finally working after 48+ hours.

velociped
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo base is still acting bricked, following a 24-hour update cycle.

Totten59
Tutor
Tutor

What did you do? Ours is still saying offline. Its getting very frusturating!

Cagnulein
Star
Star

i had experienced the same issue too. I solved it with a factory reset but i agree with you that it's unacceptable!

It's the second massive offline in 3 months (i bought this system 4 month ago).

I surely sell it and discourage everyone i know to buy this system.

macjohn
Guide
Guide

Hi,

As others have recommended I private-messaged one of the moderators with the serial number of my base station last

evening, and this morning I now have full functionality of my system; base station is online, recording videos, etc...

Thank you.

-John Ayres

Savvo10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo/netgear

internet provider: talk talk

base station offline 

please check internet and power connected 

application used: iOS 

been offline since 14/5/18 done everything except

full reset

is the system faulty? Do I return for refund? Been running fine until this...

HIMF
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Updated app yesterday now can’t access app at all
kdjz28
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system had finally started working ok. Now, the Push Notifications have quit again., 

DrennanDennis
Tutor
Tutor

So I followed all the steps previously outlined..of deleting everything in the system, ...including the base and reinstalled everything...and it’s working now. 

Even after calling support..which sucked...she had no answers...so I’m very grateful for this post.  4BFAE4B6-87DA-42BA-A799-90BE8B677F17.png

AG67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problems others have been experiencing with base station appearing offline. This seemed to get fixed, but really, they still have problems. I've noticed the motion sensing is no longer reliable. There is still an intermittent "base station off line" message and other messages about not been able to connect etc. It's basically kind of working, but not really as it should. Very annoying.

Max-B
Aspirant
Aspirant
Serial number 48E46B7PA3E2C

Still showing offline 4 days after stopping
Dyssegaard
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

My basestation is still offline for the 3 day. On Tuesday I submitted a reply including the serial number of my basestation in this thread. 

Let me know if I shall submit the serial number again and how to do it so that you see it this time.

This situation is totally unacceptable!!!

Rgds.

Kjell

Shozzy1
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS, serial num 48e46c7fa392c

Bgile198
Initiate
Initiate

My ARLO VMB4000r3 continues to show as offline on my android app since the latest firmware update.  I have cylcled the power, synced the device etc etc.  All the bars show green...please le me know what to do at this point.  I have cox cable.

Thanks, Brian

Dyssegaard
Tutor
Tutor

Without any support at all from ARLO on this problem, this morning I decided that I couldn't wait for them any longer. Having removed the basestattion from my account a couple of times, alarms finally began popping up. I had to set up the geofencing part again, and now all seems to be working ok.

Until a week ago, I have always recommed ARLO to family and friends, but that will NEVER happen again !!!

Rgds. Kjell

Shozzy1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station been off for a week.ser number is 48e46c7fa392c tried factory reset and now can’t reconnect my cameras.and still off line.how can I return the every thing back to netgear as the warranty is out,and they bricked it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect it's not bricked. What do you mean by "reset"? Some folks think a power cycle is a reset but that's not even close. Removing everything from Settings, My Devices and/or using the rest button on the base until the LEDs flash amber is a reset. If that's what you've done, be sure nothing is in Sttings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras.

velociped
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, jguerdat, I'll jump in and answer that...

Bricked, as in the power LED has been flashing at one second intervals for a week and the base station is unresponsive to **ANY** attempt to reset the hardware, using the proscribed techniques. (i.e., pressing and holding the reset button for 10s+ until the LEDs flash amber and the hardware resets)

I have been dwaling with support for the better part of a week and received authorization to get a replacement and RMA the brisked hardware. Imagine my surprise, when I was informed it would cost ***ME*** $17 to return the hardware Netgear bricked!

Needless to say, this is the last time I purchase *anything* from Netgear and I will give them poor reviews at any and all opportunity.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not the one who said his base was bricked. However, if the power LED is blinking as you say, it's either the power supply or the base that has an issue. A hardware problem like that can only be fixed by opening a case with support or, if within the store return policy, swapping at the store. Since you've received the RMA authorization, you've got the solution. I do agree that having to pay shipping for a faulty device that cost this much is an unnecessary slap in the face.

jrhancock
Guide
Guide

I can now see my base online but my motion detecting and recording are not working.

Base Station firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): Arlo

Internet Service Provider: Spectrum

Exact error message: No message, Motion detection not working and cameras not recording

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): Android and Web

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the browser and check your modes, rules and schedule. I'm still having issues with things getting reset/changed.

jrhancock
Guide
Guide

The mode is active and has been since this started with the base update on the 15th. Rules are the same default for that mode. I even got a new phone This weekend and have a fresh copy of the app. These cameras are junk if they don't work so I'm going to attempt a refund based on defective product and if that don;t work, I'll contact the BBB.

Meksson
Guide
Guide
Hi All
I’m a user of Arlo Pro in Sweden. Had BIG trouble since updating the Arloa app last monday. I just talked to Swedish support. According to that guy Netgear have now solved the issue, and it is now at Apples table for their approvement. So hopefully a new update is soon available.
I’m a bit sad over the bad informatin from Netgear on the community.
Michael
kdjz28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here we go again. Mine had been working ok for a few days. Not the Push Notifications isn't working again.

Just  found a report from February 2018 that Netgear is planning to spin off Arlo and do an IPO offering. Bet it doesn't do too well with these problems being communicated.  Would spin pretty flat now.