Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

arlo logo.png

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where the Arlo Base Station is appearing offline. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it.

If you are currently experiencing this issue please reply to this thread with the following details so we can further isolate the issue:

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

Internet Service Provider:

Exact error message:

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Arlo Team

245 REPLIES 245
coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

First the cameras worked but not device and mode following an update.  The Mode and device showed offline.

When I got support, base station no longer worked so now I have nothing.

Lx1x
Star
Star
Firmware: unknown. "Gets status"
Model: pro
Isp:infinity
Cell phone Android.. can't connect.. getting status then offline.
Regular computer (win10) web access/login.. I can see the cameras fine.. but not the home base to change mode.
sgmorton
Initiate
Initiate

Base Station firmware:  unknown ... ABOUT on the web shows : 2.4.13.870_20870

Device type showing offline  Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider: Comcast

Exact error message: Device offline, try to connect to the mode and it tries to connect but then shows offline

The application used Android and Web

If I refresh the site from a browser I can get a live feed as long as I do not connect to the mode page. It is not detecting motion and storing my videos or maybe it is and the station can't tell me. 

DG29
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I am having this problem.  It occured somewhere between the last video recorded at 2:58 am EST and when I left the house at 7:00 am.  All cameras are showing the that base station is offline and it is listed as such in Mode.  The base station itself appears fine with all the necessary green lights as usual.  I have already restarted it by pulling the power, waiting, and plugging it back in.  It came back up but did not fix the issue.

Base Station firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): base station / 4 Arlo / 1 Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider: Verizon FIOS

Exact error message: Base station offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): IOS & Web (PC)

KevinDell
Initiate
Initiate
Serial No 48E3597GA016F
Model No VMB3010r2
PeaSoup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963

Device Type Showing Offline: Arlo

ISP: Verizon FIOS

Android and Web

This morning, both the ARLO base station and its 4 cameras were offline.  I was able to restart the base remotely, and both it and 1 camera only came back online.  I'll have to resynch the remaining 3 cameras manually I suppose.  Oh, and there was something else really weird:  the Alley camera continued to record even though it had an offline error message.  But get this, the recording was showing under Carport 2 device both Android and Web.

loribee831
Aspirant
Aspirant

Error message base station offline

yo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. It happened from May 14 2018 1am

No motion sensed recording. No battery status shown. LIVE view works.

Base Station firmware:

- Base Statjion offline. Not possible to get.

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.):

- Arlo Pro, and Arlo Pro2

Internet Service Provider:

- Comcast

Exact error message:

-Your Arlo device appears offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web):

- Web and iOS

PeterJacobsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro, firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963
My Devices status: getting information
Arlo app on IOS (todays update)
ISP: fiber 1000 Gbit/s from Denmark, Europe
Zkac051
Initiate
Initiate
Appearing offline, reset base station and router no effect
Sky broadband
No internet detected. iOS app
Tuthpik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base Station firmware: Cannot obtain since it says it's OFFLINE

Device type showing offline - Arlo Pro 2

Internet Service Provider: COX

Exact error message: Arlo device is offline...

The application used - Android
Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Base station is online but app says offline
cbwallace
Initiate
Initiate

Base Station firmware: 1.9.8.0_16666

Device type showing offline: Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider: Mediacom

Exact error message: Your base station is offline. Check that it is powered up and connected to the Internet.

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): iOS and Web

System was detecting motion this morning when it should not have been. Opened iOS app and it said that the base station required a firmware update. Clicked on update and it has been offline since. Base sation is powered on (green solid light), cameras are connected (green solid light) and internet appears connected (green occasional blink).

ilion
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

model is VMB3010r2 with serial no. 48E35C76A1358. 

Firmware most likely the latest. Last recordings were from 2:40 AM GMT this morning. All 3 LEDs are green on base station. Power cycle base station does not change anything.

Live view is possible for one of three cameras. During live view recording or snapshots are greyed out. Trying live view on one of the other two cameras results in offline message for all cameras until logging off. Web view or app on iPhone show the same results.

LawnMM
Star
Star

Base Station firmware: No idea, it's offline and I can't see it's firmware or the cameras

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): Arlo Pro

Internet Service Provider: Comcast Xfinity

Exact error message: Offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): Android and Web (Chrome)

When I try to access the base station modes or hardware/firmware to look at versions I can't see any of it, it sits there saying "Getting status" and eventually changes to "offline". It's clearly not offline, however, because I can live stream the video. I'm just not getting push notifications for motion and there are no videos recording/uploading to the library since yesterday.

Monstersdoll
Initiate
Initiate
Norfolk. Virginia, aro, iOS using cox cable- Station is reading offline however all lights are green Internet is working fine on other devices, Has been off-line since approximately 6 AM
SoggyChris
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Pro2 - all 5 cameras showing same message.

hardware VMB4000r3

Mediacom Internet Provider

Shows the following error message "Your base station is offline...check to see if it is powered up and connected to the internet"

viewing the same message on the following software iOS app version 2.5.0, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.  Doesn't matter if I'm using a mac or ibm.  see same error issue.

Thank you 

Totten59
Tutor
Tutor
Since late last night/early this morning the arlo base station is saying offline when the wireless internet is working. The cameras work in live view only on the computer but not from our IOS phone app or Android app. We did a reset and unplugged the base station from the router and it's still not coming up.
flightwriter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras connected to two Arlo base stations 10 miles apart have shown as "This base station is offline" since early this morning. Four exterior cameras in total, two connected to Cable One broadband and the others to CenturyLink DSL. No recording or live view available through web or iOS applications. Power and Internet LEDs lit on base stations but camera connection LEDs are dark. 

HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71677LFBACB
Firmware 1.2.16720

HW Version H7
Serial Number 4N71677HFD9C3
Firmware 1.2.16720
MicheleArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Base station rebooted. All 3 leds on and green. ISP TWT, Android app. But the system still offline.
KHO
Tutor
Tutor
Mine have been offline all day . Says no internet connection but all three lights on base are green. I have internet with my computer so that’s not the problem. I figured Arlo was running a update. Please advise.
MB168
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station firmware:

Device type showing offline (Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Baby, Arlo Q, etc.): 2 * VMB4000r3 

Internet Service Provider: Verizon

Exact error message: offline

The application used (iOS, Android, Web): iOS, Web 

NinaJones
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware: unknown
Device Type: Arlo
Internet Service Provider: Cincinnati Bell
Exact Error Message: Your base station is offline. Check if it is powered up and connectes to the Internet.
Application Used: iOS
KHO
Tutor
Tutor
I have comcast for internet. I have Internet services that’s not the problem. Base station all three lights are green. Message from Arlo says base station offline. None of my 5 cameras are working. I have 4 Arlo Pro and one Arlo Pro 2.
Please help!!