Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short time between 8am and 9:30am PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience,

Arlo Team

arlo-app-phone.png

189 REPLIES 189
Rshadoin
Tutor
Tutor
My Pro 2 base and single Pro 2 camera are working fine, although I cannot de-select audio detection on the camera.
The BIGGER issue is all 3 of my Arlo (1st gen) cameras will not detect motion. At all. They won’t even show up on the app to modify under “Mode > Rules”

I just got off the phone with Arlo support. They said they are aware of the issue and a firmware update should be available in 24-48 hours.
Rshadoin
Tutor
Tutor
Use a paper clip and hold in reset button on back of base for 30-35 seconds.

Re-sync each camera to base and BAM! All now detect motion.
Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
App updated and all seems to functioning properly now. Will take a few days to see if the battery issue is corrected as well.
AEllis
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras are recording but I’m STILL not getting push notifications! This has been going on for over a week. What is going on? Can anyone help me? I’ve reset the whole system, deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, nothing has worked!
Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

There is a thread on the arlo pro where people are having battery drain while their camera's are turned off. I think netgaer is now aware and the work around is to disarm the camera's not turn them off in the app. I have been having multiple issues since 12/5/18, my set recording times for each camera are no longer working, I have 3 times removed all my custom modes and rules along with my schedule and reset everything and they are still not recording for set time. I contacted support withthe issue on 22/5/18 and am waiting for an email with the "fix"./ Now I have motion detection only working spasmodically it will pick up birds flying by ( I have motion detection set to 100%) but not people walking to the vehicles or vehicles moving. This had been working fine until 12/5/18.

Hvedstrup
Tutor
Tutor

I haven't been able to set mode from my Iphone for over a week. Restarted base station several times but to no avail. 

Recordings and push messages are extremely random. 

Please fix asap. 

CG-B810
Guide
Guide
My notifications had been working for about a few days since my first post after they stopped. I took a chance and updated my app this morning and now the notifications stopped working again! Genius!!
teeharley
Tutor
Tutor
Update 2.5.1 is NOT the answer, I am still not getting notifications! I removed the base and all cams and re-synced, I have logged out of both phones and relogged, got the update, and notifications happen once then bam, back to not getting notified. Very frustrating!
spleener
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 cameras outside and neither picked up anything from 6:15 PM til around 8 AM the next morning. I triggered one when I went out to my car. That's when I discovered my car had been burglarized sometime during the night.5/23/2018. Batteries are good even though one is low, otherwise why would it alert to my movement? I called my internet provider and was told there were no interruptions in service. I'm using the basic Arlo with home base on my computer. I got no phone alerts. Usually these cameras pick up spider webs...what's going on? 

spleener
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got an email that told me one of my batteries was low but no notifications on recordings, caneras seem to work only during the day. My car was brokenn into sometime between midnight and sunrise last night. I'm so angry. Yes it seems I now also own expensive paperweights. If they can notify me theres low battery, how come they didn't notify me of a system glitch? Updates are supposed to streamline not flat out fail!

shawndak07
Star
Star
So I finally got around to taking all my cameras down, deleted the basestation then pressed the reset button. Added the basestation and all cameras. Restarted the base station a few time and finally I have recording/notifications. It's unbelievable that you need to take these cameras down every few weeks to reset them.
This is not a self sufficient camera system. I know people who have cameras from 2006 that have funtioned without a single problem for 12 years. I can barely make it 12 days without these cameras failing.
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Well today has been my first day for some reason I dont know why, but they have been working flawlessly.  No faulse triggers by cars and passers by whom are outside the active zones, no missed triggers when they should be triggered, no missed videos or notifications.  Sorry for thoes who are still having issues, maybe things mite change later on but I do wonder if its anything to do with the day be more dull with rain, I do wonder if the sun brightness is causing the cameras to go nuts?

Dan

aloeignut
Tutor
Tutor
I’m still not getting regular push notifications since the new version installed itself. Also doesn’t always recording movement.
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
They finally did a update today. So it’s helped some things.
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

@Kind1s  Did they, do you have a link to show this update?

Thanks, Dan

djshy
Initiate
Initiate
2.5.0 update bricked notifications for a few days and magically reappeared then disappeared. Newest update 2.5.1, hoping it would fix the issue, but the issue of no notifications or badge notifications still persists. I do get the email notifications, so that’s that...

Also noticed all my recordings audio shuts off after 15-20seconds and it’s just silent video after that. Also if a recording is longer than 40seconds, the whole video freezes. And sometimes the video recording is 2:03 long for no reason!

Awesome update!
tjsmith642
Aspirant
Aspirant
Saw the notice for May 19th am.....but neither place monitored have had any motion detection or recordings since May 20th. Have Elite to support. Oth. New problem
jedrhiggins
Tutor
Tutor

This issue is larger and has been going on for more than a week now....WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED?????  I talked with support last week and they said they'd email me when the problem was fixed...haven't heard anything.

singasong
Tutor
Tutor
Hello, after the latest update, I haven’t been receiving consistent notifications. My cameras will record, but I’m not being notified. Actually, I’m not 100% confident that it’s triggering/capturing everything. This is very concerning, as it is failing to do what a surveillance system is intended to do. Please fix this immediately.
singasong
Tutor
Tutor

Brown91
Aspirant
Aspirant
We just got new batteries for our 4 cameras and the nothing detection is still not working after update what to do??
CMB4425
Tutor
Tutor

MY ARLO ISN'T DETECTING MOTION, ALSO THE BATTERIES THAT CAME WITH SYSTEM WERE NOT GOOD ALL BATTERIES WERE ON 16% UNTIL I REPLACED WITH NEW ONES I SHOULD BE CREDITED FOR MY BATTERIES ALSO....NOW I'M WITHOUT SECURITY THIS IS SO UNNERVING AND DISAPPOINTED HEADACHE TO SAY THE LEAST I'M WITHOUT THE PEACE OF MIND I WAS LOOKING TO GET WITH SECURING M HOME FOM CRIMINALS VERY , VERY DISAPPOINTED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMB4425
Tutor
Tutor

YES, NO RESOLVE AFTER REBOOTING BASE AND CAMERAS NOT SOLVED ANYTHING

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Well two days after me thinking my problems are over, its all back to the way it was which may or may not be related to this firmware but just simply a totaly unreliable, unpredictable, random, flawed system that on paper looks great but in use fails.  Motion zones that works as an when it chooses to, motion detection randonly with video despite notifications.  I wont go on as its failed with just these two.  I tried, and tried and have come to a conclusion that the motion detection methods used, exposure, zones just do not work as they should.

Dan