Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short time between 8am and 9:30am PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience,

Arlo Team

arlo-app-phone.png

189 REPLIES 189
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ive already hit up a lawyer about a class action. This happens a lot. Like you said were being ignored
BonefishPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as everyone else. I have four cameras and I no longer receive any notifications since the update. I even tried rebooting my system, but it did not fix the problem. Please fix the issue!
BobbyJohn
Star
Star

I just chatted with tech support and was assurred that the support team is aware of the SCHEDULE mode not recording videos. I too noticed this a few days ago and have restarted and unplugged the base station to no fix, then decided to contact support.

Sounds like this issue surfaced after the "Arlo Pro 2 Camera 1.125.8.0_19174 – 14th May 2018" firmware update.

Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pretty sure this thread is about notifications not working.
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
Actually this whole thread is now about this outage they posted about and the outage for 7 plus days for some and 5 plus days for others they are ignoring any answers to. Cameras don’t work at all. I’d be happy if it was just notifications. But myself and others we basically have $400 paperweights now as they are not answering or responding any update to that fix from their last firmware update on may 14th
Collywog1
Star
Star
I like the system but the last update is a joke very buggy and obviously not tested properly before release. I have not had one notification since it was released I have seen a lot of pages full with the same problem. I have reset and restarted everything connected, followed other people’s advice online and still nothing. Another slight annoyance is when I come out of live view I can still hear the camera playing but it’s not live. Why not roll the app back until these and other problems are fixed. If someone triggers one of my cameras I want to be alerted not look at it sometime later when I check them lol.
Collywog1
Star
Star
It’s a joke there are loads of pages online full of people saying the same thing. They should just roll the app back until the problems are sorted. Seeing as they obviously couldn’t be bothered testing it before release.
phil1344
Guide
Guide

yes should chek if it is going to work before they update it and f..k it up so not work

Speaks
Guide
Guide
No recordings, no notifications nothing since the 15th May. This is ridiculous.
holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

ARLO I'm currently using your camera system and yes I own an Apple Iphone 8 (IOS) device.  It's not just from 8am to 9:30am either.  I'm experiencing multiple issues with my ARLO cameras and at looking at the "community feed" I see that I'm not alone in regards to IOS devices.  Just so everyone knows, ARLO has repeatly had issues with their updates in the past and you would think ARLO would try to rectify these types of issues given their track record of multiple failed attempts in regards to updates.  Saying Apple is at fault or you are currently waiting on Apple to provide a new App is unacceptable.  You should have already had these types of issues resolved before pushing this sub-par product (update) out to the customer.  ARLO your creditability is quickly deteriorating and I'm sure I am not the only upset customer.  This issue has been going on for over a week now!  Food for thought = Fix yourselves!    

Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

@Collywog1  I wish it was just the app, but I think its much deeper than that.  Its not the case that its just the cloud or the app messing up, my hardware is triggering off motion but it dont always record as my storage usb is not getting the video even with me getting a push notification still.  because the camera and base station can record to storage device without the internet yet it fails randomly this tells me my hardware is messed up.  T

Today iv monitored when somone walks right into a zone iv set up and I get the push notification yet no email and no video was recorded on usb storage.  I seem to get a random hit and miss of all the combinations.  My car was keyed few days back when my Arlo Pro 2 should have captured it, and notified me.  Being this is my first week using this I have zero confidence in it now.  Its been a long 7 days and I think most if not all my other issues v been having is all down to the firmare, or a app cloud issue.  What makes it worse is the fact that its not been consistant which makes is so hard to find out if its somthing iv missed as a new user, or a Issue out of my hands or abilities to fix.  This was driving me nuts as these random things had me think I had fixed it, but then not.

Dan

jrhancock
Guide
Guide

@DawnM

Since the latest updates, my motion detecting and recording have not been working. There were some vehicle break-in's in my neighbourhood last night and while mine was ok, I have no idea if the thieves were around my house where my family was sleeping.

When will the issues caused by the latest release be fixed or can I get a refund of my system so I can buy one that actually works?

GTTX
Guide
Guide

Add me to the ever-growing list of angry customers who don't have push notifications working. What good is a secruity system that can't notify you of motion and/or sound? Netgear's silence with updates is absurb. I've lost all faith in Arlo. Time to go security camera shopping.

Collywog1
Star
Star
That’s a lot of problems for a new purchase, very annoying. I have never used the usb storage option myself. All my problems seem to be based around the app at the moment I’m guessing there will be an update soon. I have had false activations because of a change in the daylight like a cloud or something but I would take that over not getting any activations or recordings any day.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

I don't think it's just the Schedule mode, mine is on 24/7 with a rule. If motion is detected, record video. I don't know when the update was done, mine has been messing up for a few weeks now and all the troubleshooting I've done is pointless. It decides to go offline whenever it feels like it. I'm tired of climbing up and down getting the camera, if I fall because I have to keep messing with it there's going to be a huge problem!

Speaks
Guide
Guide
Mine is doing the same. Not on schedule on all the time. Not recording motion and no notifications. I have 5 cameras non are working.
point123
Initiate
Initiate

Got mine back up! You will have to reinstall the complete system starting w/ your BASE just as though you just took it out of the BOX! Unplug EVERYTHING and start from scatch. Base, then cameras! I don't understand why ARLO hasn't made this info available to all of us! VERY DISCOURAGING! Is this outfit in Korea or Japan or where the HE11 are they, maybe on vacation.... Good luck, it's been a couple hours and still working!

Speaks
Guide
Guide
I rebooted the base box. Do I need to delete each camera and reinstall? What a faff, but anything to get them working again.
StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is there a “reset” button somewhere to clear the base of all the cameras and revert to factory settings?
Speaks
Guide
Guide
There’s a reset on the base station but hasn’t sorted mine out.
phil1344
Guide
Guide

i rang netgear they fixed all my problems

fmcalley
Tutor
Tutor
With all the system failures and quirks with Arlo, how can anyone feel the confidence you need, to rely on this system (Arlo) to protect your home. I went to the trouble (and it took some time) to bring my equipment back to factory default settings which included resetting the base station and removing all the batteries from each camera. It seemed to rectified the motion detection and notification issues but now the Geofencing is out of whack. I’m tired of f#%king around with this. Arlo, your reputation is heading south quickly.
GTTX
Guide
Guide

Can you include any helpful information like steps they asked you to complete, etc?

holzwarth32
Guide
Guide

Ok so what did ARLO have you do so the rest of us can fix our issues as well.

fmcalley
Tutor
Tutor
What’s Arlo’s phone number. I haven’t been able to find one anywhere. I would love to speak to someone at Arlo.