Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Customers,

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short time between 8am and 9:30am PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience,

Arlo Team

arlo-app-phone.png

189 REPLIES 189
point123
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem as the rest of you! It seems to be an ARLO thing after 2 days of resetting my complete system at least 10 times! Come-on ARLO, do your customers right and get all those high paid people to correct your problems!

Onair125
Initiate
Initiate

When is Arlo fixing this issue?

I'm still not getting any motion detection alert nor recording.

3 Arlo camera in Armed mode.

Motion sensor = at 100%

phil1344
Guide
Guide

still not working after 5 days re booot and re boot what a pile of junk customer service there is none

Tenasee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our motion has not triggered since yesterday (5/20/18). Cameras are working.
Raquela
Tutor
Tutor

OK what in the world is going on? I just spent over $600 on this. Alro was rated one of the top 5 best secutrity systems to invest in and I have not recieved one motion sensory warning since Saturday!

Jimmyyuitang48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve had Arlo about 2-3 years and every update something happens. I’ve had no video since 5-16. So I’m right there with you a lot of us haven’t had it for over 5 days
Riverhousepoopi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

For the last few weeks I am not getting push notifications.  I have people working on my property and it was recording but push notifications, then cameras went dead.  I have Iphone 6.  Please help this house is 3 hours a way and I bought a membership

cyberam
Guide
Guide

Issue resolved and you're not gonna like it.

You have to remove your base station, re-install it and re-sync all your camera's.  I'm using Arlo classic base station with

Arlo Pro camera's:

1) Hold down the reset button on the back of your base station for 30 seconds, you can do this with a paper clip.

2) Unplug your base station for 30 seconds and plug it back in

3) Go to DEVICES and click the arrow key on the right for your base station

4) Click REMOVE DEVICE

5) Go back to DEVICES and add device

6) Click on the large icon for BASES

7) Click CONTINUE / CONTINUE,  then you'll need to name your base station, click CONTINUE

😎 Cync your camera's

9) Test one at your desk and make sure you're getting push notification and it's going to your library

Hope this works for you. Joe No. 46140 @ Negear is the gentlemen that helped me.

WHY DIDN'T WE GET THIS HELP WITH A REPLY TO ALL OUR REQUEST'S?  OR WHY WASN'T

AN UPDATE ISSUED TO FIX THIS?

Oakraiders1220
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why am i not getting notifications as soon as motion is detected? After the last update I lost this very important privilege.
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve been doing this for 5 days now every morning and afternoon. Removing everything including apps. It’s bull
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

My arlo didn't detect anything today once again. I keep having to either reboot, resynchronize, take out batteries and put them back in and so on. I've even removed the device and started all over again. This has been an issue for the past few weeks. I've been good for two years now this. 

Today the base station showed all three lights were green but no motion was detected at all. When I hit the live button, then it showed offline. Removed the batteries and now it works once again. What's going on? I can't rely on this at all. Thanks

ng_gl
Initiate
Initiate

I'm not going to every single camera on my property to reset them all when everything was working fine before Netgear broke it.

Instead, 'only' going in and reconfiguring my geofencing and all of my modes appears to have brought back push notifications.

However, again, Netgear, this is a security system. If functionality is going to be broken, you need to tell us. I would be much less agitated about having to reconfigure everything if you had owned up to it and sent me an email saying "Hey, we broke everything. You need to reconfigure it." 

Instead, my home was unprotected and I didn't get any notifications because you're too scared to admit you screwed something up.

jamcgeough
Guide
Guide
Does anybody know if Arlo and/or Netgear ever read or monitor this community thread?
phil1344
Guide
Guide

no i do not think thay care frustrated

shawndak07
Star
Star
Remember, word of mouth is powerful. Netgear Arlo system has been terrible. I know my entire family, neighbors and friends will NOT be buying Arlo cameras. Almost a full week with non functional cameras.
jamcgeough
Guide
Guide
I think Netgear has too much pride and legacy to ignore this. Just wondering if the problem is just a small percentage of their Arlo customers. Otherwise, I’m surprised that they would ignore this situation.
StretfordEnder
Apprentice
Apprentice
Disagree with you. They shy away from answering questions about future features and faults. If they officially respond it suggests a confirmed fault. Looks bad when people search on google. By keeping away from officially commenting on here they can keep away from associating themselves with their own **bleep** up!
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
They commented in Facebook messages
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

Not only has this effected the schedualy mode, but my custom mode that I used last night failed also.  I had a visitor this morning she walked right through the zones without any notifications, or video recording, yet I got a notification email.  Then I started getting notifications from motion picked up from cars driving by which are outside the zones set up.  While monitoring this I saw countless other cars pass without any notifications, its all over the shot.

I remove all activity zones and added them again, and now they work, im getting push notifications, emails, and recorded video.  All I can say is the issues Im getting are either in part related to issues their end, or I have a faulty system.  This is my first week getting a Arlo system, what a bad experience its been.

CG-B810
Guide
Guide
As of 6:10 AM EST my cameras started triggering notifications again. Since Netgear/Arlo has remained radio silent on this issue, I don’t know if it’s fixed or just a fluke. I remain somewhat relieved but highly skeptical.
Rectro33
Tutor
Tutor

@CG-B810I thought it was fixed a few hours ago then while I sat there looking at my live feed the post man came, my phone got a push notification but I got no email, no video recorded.  Just 30min prior to this I take the rubbish out, I got notifications and video.

Whats also odd is I have a USB storage which supose to get the recording even if the cloud dont, but when there is no email notification of a recording, yet I get a push notification to my phone there is no video on my usb storage? 

Quote from Arlo Pro 2 Manual.

"If you connect a USB storage device, the camera records to both the cloud and the USB storage device for motion-triggered and audio-triggered recordings (not CVR). If the camera and base station are powered on, but the Internet connection is lost, the camera continues to record to the USB storage device. "

This tells me that the issues going on are not just "there end" which I was under the asumption it was, but If my camera isnt connected to the internet and its not recording to USB storage when I get push notifications, or when there should be motion detection then this is a hardware, or firmware issue am I correct?

Reardon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have still not received any notifications and it's 5/22. Also, everything in my library is gone! What's going on? Totally unacceptable
phil1344
Guide
Guide

atleast got to the point where it not shutting down all the cameras working not having to restart the system all the time

but not recording all the time ifact hardly at all and not getting any e-mails at all

Wimms
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems this issue is being ignored. Might be time to switch. My home has been unprotected for over a week. Netgear seems to not care