Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Matthias022
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m experiencing the same issue. I also have an IPhone X..
JeffM01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update? Still can't logon in Los Angeles area. Mobile app, wi-fi or LTE, doesn't connect as well.

trelectric
Aspirant
Aspirant

still not able to login on computer

pabs4
Tutor
Tutor

I posted a few days ago that I had issues logging in only when I was on our Spectrum internet. That issue was resolved quickly, and I am back up and running. Good luck to those that are still having problems logging in.

Abaldaa
Guide
Guide
We are all wasting our time complaining.. Arlo is not bothered or interested in resolving this issue.
All they have to do is roll back the update but they are not listening. It is not ISP issue or Wi-Fi as even phone data is not working. My tablet was on version 2.4 and was working then when I was reporting the issue with support they told me to update to version 2.5 on my tablet and guess what it stopped working. It is the app.
csalced1
Tutor
Tutor

Agree. Yes, Arlo will ignore all complaints posted on this forum as they have not responded in days.

As a community - Arlo product owners, how do we get Netgear/Arlo attention that we are dissatisfied consumers? 

Perhaps contact all retailers/Costco et al or tech media that have done reviews of Arlo product? 

Filing a Consumer Complaint

Just a thought.

Abaldaa
Guide
Guide
I'm going to see if I can contact Google get them to take the app off play store so people don't download.
Netgear .. Arlo you should be ashamed.
LunarFull
Star
Star

I DISCOVERED SOMETHING!!!!

As I posted before,

All of my internet stuff is working as usual EXCEPT ARLO.

Right now for a couple of days i was able to login BUT my base and cameras are "offline".

Today 1hr. ago I read the ARLO instruction manuel, GO TO PAGE 61 You will see what I did when I could not  login, I reset everything including the base, BUT I did not know it is a FACTORY reset and the base serial number is REMOVED from my ARLO ACCOUNT!!!.

I called and right away they answered, I was told a lap top or computer is needed so they could guide me to 

Setup my account to get the cameras unfrozen and back to the working condition the way it was!

SO IF YOU PUSHED THE BUTTON WITH A PAPERCLIP OR WHATEVER ON YOUR BASE, YOU NEED TO CALL ARLO TO UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT!!! (have your serial number etc.)

Right now my base is two green lights (power & internet) with the camera light AMBER.

My son will bring his laptop, to see if it will solve my problem later on tonight I will call ARLO to update,

Evevn though I did not know resetting will cause this, he said there will be a charge to proceed.

I SURE HOPE NOT!!!

Will advise with result later today?

Andy

Rbales707
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Arlo Team. I still cannot use my app on my iphoneX. I have deleted the app multiple times and still have been unsuccessful in getting the app to open. I’ve tried wifi and LTE modes but nothing. The app initially works well but after a few minutes it’s done. I still keep getting all of the alerts but can’t go in and **bleep** it off or change the settings. This is becoming very frustrating
Hunknchunk12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great system when it works and therein lies the rub! Kind of sad to make a purchase on an item with so many positive reviews only to find out that it only works occasionally.
Dtbailes
Aspirant
Aspirant
What number did you call
For customer support
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
netgear should fire coder or programmer for make huge mistake on software, glitch push notifications doesn’t work very well
Rbales707
Aspirant
Aspirant
Instead of deleting the app I went back to the App Store and there was an update to download;so I did and now it’s all working fine. I can empathize with others having issues with batteries. I’m losing 3-5% a day. One would think that buying stock in batteries is not the best option for long term use
TRich5289
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to click on "Add Device" at the bottom of the app and then selected "Base Station" Once I did that it recognized the base station and I could load it as if it was a new system. I had to pull all of my cameras down and re-sync them but all of the recordings are there from the last few days. Even though nothing was working, the cameras still recorded everything. Seems to be working fine...for now.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
New App out 5/30 2.5.2

Everything now working with 2.5.1. Anyone have experience with new release.???? Nervous about updating given performance history.
Rbales707
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just diwnloaded the new update and fixed my issues. Good luck
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great to hear 2.5.2 solved your issues. Let's hope the trend continues. Would be good to list issues fixed with new release if anyone else responds to this thread.
LunarFull
Star
Star

Thank You TRich5289!!!

I went to arlo app added base and BOOM there it is it located my device and now I have to sync all four cameras but hey I tried one, good as new, i am charging batteries as i write this posting. 

There will be no need to have a computer/laptop now I am doing this with a android.

That person I called at arlo was obviously working a scam for the $149.00 fee.(commision) I dont need all the extra cloud space, exrtra time etc.

So, bottom line check out TRich5289 posting!!

Thats all I needed to get my android WIFI connection to this ARLO APP running as good as new.

Back to syncing TONIGHT 

THANKS AGAIN TRICH5289.

ANDY.(Los Angeles)

Alexba75
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system has been down for 1 week exactly today.

I have spectrum internet.
The message i see is device is currently offline
AlDavis
Guide
Guide

After switching to public DNS servers, I never experienced other wierd problems like some.  

Having said that, 2.5.2 is running fine on my VMB3000 w/ H7 cameras. 

I don't know if I am just imagining it, but the cameras seem to go "live" quicker.

The only good to any of this is that as a result of FBI warning induced paranoia, I changed passwords on any account of consequence, and changed some security settings on other devices.

Hopefully something like this doesn't happen again soon.  I like my Arlo product - -when it is working. 

LunarFull
Star
Star

Hopefully this will be my last ARLO APP posting, 

I only use my samsung ipad for this WIFI Arlo system. That is all I want and need.

After I added a base device without out disconnecting anything the system automaticly found my base I had for almost a year. (The one I FACTORY RESET unknowingly) I had to sync all 4 of my cameras,

set them up and position them (charge all the batteries I have in stock) change the batteries and NOW everything is good as new.

No cell phones, laptops etc. Just me and the ipad.

All lights on the base GREEN.

GOOD NIGHT (and If you need to keep on trying)

ANDY.

peteroc65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

We are unable to log on to the site on our computer, it keeps logging us out, we changed password (as suggested by your site) a few days ago and am using the new password. We also are getting a message "Your Arlo device appears to be offline or the power is off" on the phone (android app). We are definitely connected to the internet (hardwired) but nothing is working.

We have tried resetting it but only get a yellow light on the front

Gailmeriweather
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't access the system on my phone. Popups are a continuum. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app
Rbales707
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would uninstall. The reinstallation process is simple but first check to see if your app is updated. I also am not sure why you are getting so many pop ups. I’m not sure if you are referring to advertisements or actual notifications of motion from the camera
cpeters
Star
Star

when it says "offline", just open the battery compartment, and close it again.

that works for me, you should then see the blue light sync up again