Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
AngeloM
Arlo Employee Retired

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

- The Arlo Team

michaelgwu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can not connect via web, app. arlo.netgear.com has been down for several hours now. 

Any updates?

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@AngeloM

Why suggest a DNS change with ISP. Did the certain ISPs you reference change something? Are you suggesting this issue is an ISP issue? Is Arlo not taking full credit for this problem? Really concerned if Arlo after 24 hours plus downtime Is even indirectly implying we should call or change DNS.???? When in a crisis first response should always accept full responsibility for issue .... these kind of responses in my opinion make this situation even worse ...
Raven6417
Tutor
Tutor

Reboot of the router did the trick without changing any settings 

Spectrum Internet 

iphones and iPads on WiFi 

there’s also been a FBI reported hack/attempted hack by Russia and it is recommended to reboot your router anyway. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/27/technology/router-fbi-reboot-malware.html

AlDavis
Guide
Guide

"They have a great product concept but are working hard to destroy their brand."

Yes they are.  Between the ill-described "change your password as we, or you, or someone may have been hacked" earlier in the week, followed up by this holiday weekend's follies, I've lost a lot of trust. 

How confident will I feel leaving Arlo in charge for my vacation in August, or the next holiday I am out of town.   The complete lack of any meaningful communication or reassurance from Arlo during this debacle is remarkable.  

Thanks to those who came up with work-arounds like changing DNS.

Ugh.

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great. So Angelo, when my bill arrives for my data overage who should I forward that too? 

That isn't a "work around" That is a bs half measure people have known to do since 11pm last night. 

By the way congrats. It's now been over 12 hours since the arlo service went down with no resolution on the horizon. I truly hope this turns into a class action lawsuit. 

THM102
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cellular carrier is AT&T:
Wi fi is Time Warner

I reboot the router/ modem and base station but still gave this problem.
Ag1234
Guide
Guide
This log in problem still exists, Arlo come and get it fixed.
EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

New to Arlo..Purchased 4 Arlo Pro this pass Saturday. West Coast Florida..Arlo app has been working on Wi-Fi for the last hour was down since Saturday late night. Spectrum..Android Phone. Able to do everything that can be done on the app. Only done 1 of 4 cameras, I'll post this afternoon how the app is doing on all 4 cameras.

pcuptmor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo servers responding now, problem cleared as fast as it started, has been 24 hours of no access yet all other apps connecting fineon ATT mobile and Spectrum fiber connection!

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
As of 11:25p central time I was able to login to my arlo acct thur the App again with my home wifi..👍👍👍👍
Fyi: logging in thur my celluar service At&t never had an issue so I was logging in that way since yesterday..
Smithjdott
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still having no luck logging in. I have spectrum for my wifi. And ATT for cellular. I am not able to login using WiFi or cellular.
Smithjdott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to login via app or website. I have spectrum internet and art cellular. Neither of which work to login
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

Looks like this is a DNS compatibility problem with Spectrum (maybe others but for sure Spectrum) users with latest Arlo changes. Not working last 24 hours ... I first saw 5/27 12am CST. Issue still in place. Cannot log in to internet site through lap top or through app on iPhone or iPad. Occasionally started working 1/3 time around 10pm tonight. Has always worked off wifi using cell service and paying for data.

Is Arlo talking to Spectrum to resolve what changes they made to create the problem? Should be able to reverse what changes caused what is a big issue.

Pls confirm for me .... communication from Arlo has been well not so good. Was told to use cell service as back up 12 hours after discussed on community forum as back up. ... clearly not in front of issue. Even suggested changing DNS which in my view is a crazy work around for an Arlo created issue and can cause other problems including security. Believe Spectrum works to control customer selected DNS.

Thanks for your help. Trust your past support when real issues are at play and this is a serious issue.

Thanks
Hammerransom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not see a message saying that the system is offline, but I do not have any recordings for the last 3 days and I am no longer receiving push notifications for motion. Is this related to the issue everyone is talking about or is mine something different?
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Different issue. Issue in this 900+ thread is in ability to log in through app or directly to web site. Get the "sorry can't connect" message. Push notifications and emails have been functioning. Only way to view is through cellular service.
THM102
Aspirant
Aspirant
It says incorrect username n password when I log in. My saved fingerprints no longer worked when logging in.
Need help.
jeepers8327
Guide
Guide
I have spectrum and even on cellular, I still cannot get anything and my cameras are gone out of my account after all this mess
erick_3
Aspirant
Aspirant

EYES-ON
Aspirant
Aspirant

Time Warner Cable/ Spectrum.  Arlo access finally resumed 100% around 0100 5/29/18.

Appple
Aspirant
Aspirant

@THM102 wrote:
It says incorrect username n password when I log in. My saved fingerprints no longer worked when logging in.
Need help.

Try close the app and relaunch it.

swedish78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also had alot's of problems, impossible to log in true cell phone or laptop, turned off wifi same issue.
I live in Sweden, netgear please solve this issue asap are dependet to have my system up and running.
Quynhvian
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am with you there, there is nothing but issues since I bought these camera, app, hardware and the camera itselft is a total loser. I purchased ring and not one single problem for almost 1 year, and yes, tech support is a joke, they don't even read your email and continue to reply and answer like a stupid machine. 

I am having the issue logging in with the app, I am removing these camera and throw them a way, the worst money used ever....

Buck2234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please get your site up and running so that we can have the security we have paid a lot of money for

D.P.Dor

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

After having no problems late last night, I picked up my iPad this morning and received the login error immediately upon opening the Arlo app.   I save my credentials, so I usually don’t have to enter them.  Rather than entering my password, I flicked the app up to delete it from memory and reopened it.  When I did that I was logged in immediately.  I didn’t enter my credentials and I didn’t get the error.  I picked up my iPhone and that logged in without a problem.  I use a different Arlo account on the phone to avoid the “another device” issue when shifting back and forth between devices.  I then picked up my 12” iPad Pro and the Arlo app there logged in with no problem.

This is a weird problem.