Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
pabs4
Tutor
Tutor

We have Spectrum internet and get the error message. When I switch to our TMobil cellular I have no issues logging in to my Arlo app. Hope this helps. 

Cadoge
Guide
Guide

@Cadoge wrote:

"If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread."

Does not work on wifi (Time-Warner/Spectrum).

Does work on cellular (Verizon)

Android

Rhelton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum internet provider on android. Having login issue since yesterday.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I had that problem yesterday, but I knew my internet connection was fine.  I assumed it was a problem with the Arlo servers.  

However, I’m still seeing that weird login problem that showed up a few days ago.  I changed my password as Arlo suggested, but the problem persisted.  I then deleted the app off my devices and reinstalled it.  Supposedly deleting the app also deletes all of the data, but when I reinstalled the app it logged directly into my account without my having to re-enter my credentials.  Very weird.

Now today,  I’m getting motion alerts on two of my Pro2 cameras, but no recordings and I can’t do a live view on those cameras...even though I can do a Live View on an original Arlo camera which is attached to the same base station.  These cameras recorded motion fine last night.

KellyS007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can’t login still....... 24 hours now. Spectrum/ iOS
jswilliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have both android and apple phones with Frontier and verzon internet connections. Havent been able to see anything since sat. 

ELopez123
Initiate
Initiate
I noticed it is my wifi. I went on and used my T mobile cell service by turning off the wifi on my phone and I could use the app again.
apeg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our internet provider is mediaCom
Our cellular provider is verizon
We use ios apps
PabloRH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my Arlo Pro system at Costco almost a month ago.  In the last 2 - 3 days, most of the time when I attempt to login on my iPad or iPhone 6s an error message shows: "Sorry, we are having trrouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues.  Do you want to try again?"  When I click on the "yes" the same message repeats over and over again.

My internet connectivity is fine - I have tested my Orbi router.  All my other apps work fine - just the Arlo app is not working.  On the rare occassion I can successfully log-in, it lasts for a very short period of time and then the same error message pops up.  I have also tried logging in on my desktop and have been successfull a few times, but the same error message about "internet connectivity" pops up there, too.  I tried deleting the app on my ios devices and downloading it again.  That was (briefly) successful on the iPhone, but not the iPad.  Then I got the iPad app to work, briefly, but now it is down again.

My internet provider is Spectrum cable and the Arlo app has worked fine for almost a month since I bought the system.  It is just the last couple of days this problem has occurred.

Ibcruzn
Guide
Guide

Huntsville, Alabama here with same issues but are #NOW FIXED#. WOW internet, Verison cell service, iPhone 6S. IT tech savvy brother-in-law had me reboot our modem 3-4 minutes unplugged, then reboot (not restart) our router 3-4 minutes unplugged. Arlo is now working with wifi and no problems.

Arlo three camera system with VMB4000r3 base.

JMcDougall
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here in Mount Vernon, Ohio.  Spectrum is service provider. We were down all night and back up about 5:45 PM. We are now back down as of 7:00 PM. 

jaerlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t find my old reply to amend, but Arlo does not work when I’m connected to my home Comcast/Xfinity, but it does work when I’m connected to my friend’s Comcast/Xfinity.
tulasidulal
Aspirant
Aspirant

alro base VMB4000 

interner provider spectrum

working with celular data 

not work with wififii sing in problem 

iphone app

not work on desktop too

please help help help.

wifii working fine for everything beside arlo.

CobraKing
Aspirant
Aspirant
When we logged in from our Android phone using Time Warner we get the message that Arlo is currently unavailable. But when we logged in via AT&T provider, i.e. 4G, we were able to get in without any error messages. We don't have any problems with logging in from our computer via Time Warner's wifi.
Stuarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem for me - won't let me connect with wifi, only 4G. Not happy. 

KyleX
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have Spectrum , using iOS. Getting internet connectivity message (though fine) and error message when trying to contact support via email
tj1209
Guide
Guide
I just realized that the issue logging in for me is my wifi. With it turned off I'm able to log in no problem. My cell phone is an android and I use Spectrum internet. I also can't log in use my desktop through the same internet connection with Spectrum. Hope this information helps solve the problem.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have other security cam apps that have no problem when logging into them...so it has to be a Netgear/arlo issue..it should work with exsiting DNS since it was working before..
Billy_38
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am having this issue since yesterday 28/05/2018. WiFi NBN, Service Provider TPG, Arlo Pro. Everything working fine except your Arlo App

The Arlo User

WJT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot login while using wifi.  I have Spectrum internet and am using a NetGear router.  App access is on an iOS (iphone 6) system.  Please fix!!!

Jbrent10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried some of these ideas (such as turn off WiFi on iPhone) but none work. I don’t feel comfortable changing any settings. Spectrum internet provider  with iPhone. 

KyleX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ditto! Turned WiFi off and my iPhone app now works. Also have Spectrum
emilDee
Aspirant
Aspirant

AT&T iphone X..still unable to log in

Wburgess
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wi-Fi router: Netgear
ISP: Spectrum
Cell provider: Verizon
Devices: Android
FarmerTy
Initiate
Initiate
I get the same message issue with connectivity. I have Spectrum Wi-Fi at the house and Verizon wireless as the carrier for my phone. It only works if I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and use my Verizon data.