Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dawn M.

Thanks for grasping at straws and letting us continue to beta test arlo. Top work.

AGAIN...

Have rebooted arlo, router, cable modem, phone and tablet

Deleted arlo app, reinstalled 

Tried using Wi-Fi only, cell data only (worked for a bit then it stopped) and both on at the same time. 

Arlo app says my password or log in is no good even after I changed it re: the arlo message about changing the pw. Then when the data only option woukd work it would let me in

Have even tried calling best buy to see if they would take this garbage back but alas I'm outside of the return window.

Nothing works. Still...since 11pm eastern Sunday May 27th. 

$800 (est) spent on this product and problems since a week after I would have been able to return. 

Buzzing cameras, battery died, camera died, can't log into app, service down, updates cause more issues and on and on. Thanks arlo. 

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having this login issue when I'm on my home wifi and only thur the app, I can login from my home windows pc using google chrome with no issue and I can login when I'm on my AT&T celluar services with no issues..FYI I did get a push notification 2 days ago to change my password for my arlo acct so I did--
Heres my info:
-iPhone6 & 6s
-ios 10.3.3
-Home ISP is Spectrum
-At&t celluar- working fine
-arlo app version 2.5.1
hirogreen
Guide
Guide

Still unable to log in using an Android Tablet & Spectrum Wifi. If the Arlo Server has been hacked, then Netgear MUST disclose this to all Arlo customers ASAP! We have all paid a lot of money to purchase our Arlo systems, & we deserve to know WHY this is happening, & what Netgear is going to do to prevent it from happening in the future!

Ceux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Service provider is Spectrum on a Samsung android device.  Worked okay on apple iphone with at&t earlier although that has been a problem with the Spectrum wifi connection also. Have been able to connect through at&t a couple of times when the wifi wasn't working.  Only had the cameras a couple of weeks...not what I hoped for in service.

RNorto36
Aspirant
Aspirant

My error mesasage is -

This site can’t be reached

arlo.netgear.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Home PC mediacomm broadband.

Also in accessable on Android app on phone- AT&T.

RN, Florida

alldayer
Tutor
Tutor
I can confirm when I changed the DNS entry on my router that Arlo using WiFi works! I used Google Public DNS IP addresses 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for IPv4. Thank you!
Ndyw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t been able to log in Arlo app since this morning. I bought the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras from Costco and it has worked perfectly until now. Please fix ASAP as we have vacation coming up in couple of days.
stevenmh
Initiate
Initiate
Have been receiving the "Unavailable " message all day. This morning the app was trying to open over and over again, sort of flashing?? How can I correct this app issue?
Vitass
Tutor
Tutor
Seems like a problem with login only if smartphone and Arlo connected to the same WIFI network. I have tried to login through the cellular different network and it's working good. So, need to fix this issue.
Arcemom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have spectrum cable and cannot access my Arlo account.  It says ...internet connectivity...try later

pamt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate your help in changing the DNS, I did that and still no success. Seems odd that everything was fine for the last 8 months, now an issue? Everything else on on computer and sites I need to go to are fine. I do think this is an issue with Arlo and am hopeful they will fix it. Otherwise, all the money I have spent is now worthless. I ahve bought 10 Arlo Pro 2 cameras, huge investment. I REALLY hope they will fix this

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mikedacajun ---

While I'm sure what you posted makes sense to some myself and I assume many others have no idea wtf any of that means. So yeah it is netgear/arlo's problem. I don't have time to head up to wake forest and take computer networking classes. 

When I paid $800 for all this crap I was told the tech support was us based and the system was ready to go. Those were both lies. As I stated before I have a convicted child molester living near my home. I purchased this product for my family so they could be safe. Over 12 hours of poor customer service to no customer service does not keep my family safe making this product junk. 

RNorto36
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I turned off wi-fi on my phone and Arlo loaded right up. Android. AT&T.

MikeDaCajun
Guide
Guide

PLEASE READ THIS !!!!

It is not Netgear issue,  it is your ISP's DNS server!!!!

I Changed my DNS server to a free DNS server. See some free one's below. After changing that everything from computer, cell and ipad work flawlessly.   Even rebooting my phone and ipad without the cellular turned on worked like a charm!

Login to your router and find the dns server page.  Google free DSN servers and choose one(or see below for a few). Type in the ip and save. you are now back in the game!

I even turned off celllular and rebooted my ipad. All working!

Free DNS server addresses.

Provider Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server
Quad94 9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112
DNS.WATCH5 84.200.69.80 84.200.70.40
Comodo Secure DNS 8.26.56.26 8.20.247.20
OpenDNS Home6 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220
Jbrent10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still getting error message about internet connectivity. Using iOS with AT&T

stevenmh
Initiate
Initiate
Also, I tried logging in online and that worked fine, so it appears to be an issue with the app.
MikeDaCajun
Guide
Guide

It is now verified to work on every single phone, ipad and computer in the family now that the DNS server has been changed.

@MikeDaCajun wrote:

PLEASE READ THIS !!!!

It is not Netgear issue,  it is your ISP's DNS server!!!!

I Changed my DNS server to a free DNS server. See some free one's below. After changing that everything from computer, cell and ipad work flawlessly.   Even rebooting my phone and ipad without the cellular turned on worked like a charm!

Login to your router and find the dns server page.  Google free DSN servers and choose one(or see below for a few). Type in the ip and save. you are now back in the game!

I even turned off celllular and rebooted my ipad. All working!

Free DNS server addresses.

Provider Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server
Quad94 9.9.9.9 149.112.112.112
DNS.WATCH5 84.200.69.80 84.200.70.40
Comodo Secure DNS 8.26.56.26 8.20.247.20
OpenDNS Home6 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220

fitzfarm
Tutor
Tutor
I can login but can't view camera vision it says arlo is offline but sometime it record a motion even when I can't see the camera working
MARINEGUNNER1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spectrum Internet..
ATT CELL, SAMSUNG NOTE 8
ARLO BASE RUNNING THROUGH NETGEAR ORBI...
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine just started working. They must have resolved or reversed the change they made yesterday.
bassca
Initiate
Initiate
We have not been able to login for two days because of internet connectivity issues??
Bahog_Beeko
Star
Star

Here are some steps that helped me resolve this Arlo access over Wi-Fi issue:

1. Connect a computer or laptop to your home router.
2. Access your router's administrative user page using any of the following URLs:

> http://192.168.1.1
> http://192.168.0.1 (for combined modem-routers)
> http://10.0.0.1 (for double NAT'd networks)

**Note: If none of the above URLs work, look at your WiFi router's label and look for the admin page URL.

3. After pressing ENTER key, the next page (or pop-up) would ask for a username and password (for the router's webpage). You may find the default router credentials (admin username and password) on your router label.

4. Once logged in, go to either 'LAN Setup' or 'DHCP setup' sections (other routers may name this section differently).

5. Look for a 'DNS Server' section or any fields for 'Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses' (other routers may support a third DNS server address --may leave that blank).

6. Type any of the following universal DNS servers on their respective fields:

(Google Public DNS) 
> Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
> Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

OR

(OpenDNS)
> Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222
> Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

7. Save/Apply the Static DNS change.
8. Reboot your Wi-Fi router and the Arlo system. Then, try connecting your phones and computers back to Wi-Fi.
9. Login to your Arlo App and see if you can now proceed without any errors.

Cheers!!!

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please read this.... 

ARLO SHOULD BE ABLE TO TROUBLESHOOT THEIR OWN PRODUCT VS HAVING ME DO IT FOR THEM. 

Kdavid
Star
Star
Can now sign in to app on my iPhone X only using data through ATT (not wifi- Google Fiber Central Texas). However need to be connected to our wifi to reset cameras. So I sign in, run through the whole process, switch to wifi when prompted and then I cant connect.
cpeters
Star
Star

In response to your "its affecting some users on some internet service providers",  thats BS

Its affecting EVERYBODY, so pull your head out and hire the A-Team to fix the "issue"