Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Joewats
Initiate
Initiate
Any news to share? I just bought a two camera system last night. Setup went great but today it doesn’t work. Any idea why this issue might be resolved?
GDT18
Tutor
Tutor
We need an update. Have not seen anything for nearly 12 hours.
Cfonseca
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello team!!

any recent update? Still unable to log in

Buphettphan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually have VMB4000 base station.  Can only connect through cellular data.  Not on wifi at all, even though all other devices are working fine on wifi.   Including Iphone.  PC.  Streaming TV programs.  (Not all at once.  Just tested each device.)

MeToe
Star
Star

Started acting up like this for me only a couple hours ago, I'm away from the house, on vacation... great timing.......... the suggestion @MikeDaCajun had sort of worked, I can sign on on Data cell service (as I had previously discovered.) and I can then reactivate my wifi but the cameras can't be viewed, says the arlo servers are not available. I can see the settings etc. but scared to change anything while I'm away. 

Yesterday I received a notification via the forum that Arlo support had found suspicious activity and suggested changing all our passwords. I changed mine... and changed it again today, just incase after this new issue. I'm beginning to suspect their servers were hacked?? 

Don-Tucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMB400 Arlo Pro has been unable to connect to the App for two days.  I cannot access it from my Samsung Android or our Apple iPhones.  Can you please tell me why?  It all works fine on my PC, but this does me no good if I'm away from my PC and need to look at my cameras from my phones.Not workingNot working

sheckyg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think this is resolved yet!  I am still having an issue logging into the Arlo App - have been for hours now!  Please resolve ASAP.

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

What's your problem ? Do you want all of us to get Ring or Nest. I don't think Arlo's tech staff is really concerned.

TLR71
Guide
Guide
Good afternoon, everyone. I still cannot access the app, regardless of whether I’m using WiFi or cellular. I also cannot access the cameras thru the website on my IPhone X using Safari or Chrome; I can login though. However, my wife stilll has WiFi access. Has anyone tried the previous commenter’s suggestion to ensure you’re on 5Ghz? I can access the cameras thru the website on my Mac.
Andres202
Guide
Guide
I haven't been able to log in since this morning.... Does this have anything to do with Arlo's email suggestion to change our password?
TLR71
Guide
Guide
Also, I’m as frustrated as everyone else, but for those of you throwing out hardware, I may be interested in buying your cameras.
sheckyg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have only ever used 5G - still not working

raop
Initiate
Initiate

I am still unable to login via either Mobile app or Web. Getting the bleow error:

"We'r sorry. Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

MGM1948
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem as of today, May 28, 2018. I cannot log on using WiFi, but can using LTE (Verizon). 

GDT18
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve had no access since last night and the lack of communication is unacceptable. Seems awfully coincidental that they were recommending password changes just before this occurred, now we are getting no info. Smells of a hack.
Vakajt
Initiate
Initiate
I turned off WiFi and I am able to access the Arlo app. I have a iPhone
Don-Tucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not me.  Still cannot use the app.

Jl12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo!! This system has not worked for over 24 hours!! There were over 8 hours yesterday that no motion was recorded and no alerts were given despite there being motion and an addiitonal 8 hours that no motion was detected last night that I cannot confirm if motion existed since I was sleeping. However - with all the wildlife around us it is rare to not have several videos overnight of a skunk, raccon, stray cat, etc. but we had absolutely nothing detected last night. This is in addition to app login issues since yesterday that are still not fixed. I have only had this system for 2 months and the problems have been increasing.

EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got it yesterday, still not working, only works using your Data, How do I change my password. Thanks

MeToe
Star
Star

I have access if I'm on my cell Data - wifi seems to be the problems, their servers? maybe? but if their servers, then I would think I wouldn't get access via my data connection. Maybe another firmware update no one asked for? 

Get what we pay for I guess. Arlo works well, when it worked.... past tense... here's to more patience.. another beer and good ol' fashion friendly neighbors watching my house... - just incase...

Andres202
Guide
Guide
Turning off the wifi from my phone allowed me to login too... Thanks
Andres202
Guide
Guide
Turning off the wifi allowed me to login. My brightness settings were screwed up.
Ag1234
Guide
Guide
I noticed this log in over wi-if issue since yesterday. I have tried everything possible reboot, cycle power and shut down and restart modem and router. Nothing works, I have to go to data and switch wi-fi off. This is not a modem or internet provider issue so arlo please just fix it, this is what I bought a wi-if accessible system not a data connection system. You provide great products but the solutions to problems needs to be worked on seriously.

Annoyed and
Andres202
Guide
Guide
Turning off wifi from my phone allows me to login! I don't understand why, but once I logged on I noticed my brightness settings were screwed up.
MeToe
Star
Star

@Wklovelace3 - I hear ya $500+ here, I meant more so the support, I'm only on a basic plan, so no monthly fees, I'd be even more mad now if I was actually paying monthly for this type of service is all I meant.