Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Marcotye
Initiate
Initiate
SO CAL studio city system still down . ARLO- you need to update your customers.
Wbayou
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo is quickly headed toward becoming a footnote in the trash pile of failed businesses.

ssalas19
Tutor
Tutor

Yes but does that number ever have a human being answer!!!  Seems to me that they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!  I also keep getting "trouble signing in due to internet connectivity issues" and I know that the problem comes from their end, as everything else in my house works.  Nothing wrong with my internet connection.  Wish they would inform us of any problems as our security depends on them and they just don't seem to care about their customers.  

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice
12:30 Central daylight time and still no access.
ssalas19
Tutor
Tutor

hear, hear same here!  Wish they would get their act together and give us the service that we pay for!

Arcanetek
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo is still down!!!! The whole night and still now?? you please give an update.
pamt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, cannot log-in on WIFI, I recieved an email saying accounts were at risk to change my password. I did not get it changed, wondering if it could be related to that

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can anyone write in Russian? Maybe we will get an answer then.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
use google translator
Ntxfun01
Initiate
Initiate
Still is not working. I can not log in to the app but I’m now getting notifications which I was not this morning.
RoyMilano
Tutor
Tutor
I’m still getting the error from the app saying that there is an internet connectivity issue. I also cannot login vie the web as arlo. Netgear.com is not found!
Thanks
Roy
cpeters
Star
Star

Arlo,

Like any business, your primary bottom line is MONEY.  Your company will definitely take a hit on this one.  You obviously don't care about customer service, which will also affect your bottom line.  Your crediitibility is getting

worse the longer it takes you to fix this "issue".   I hope you fix this sooner than later, but your own good and for the good of the people who are relying on these systems that you are responsible for and making a fortune on.  You might want to sell some stock now, while its still worth something.

RogerRubeck
Initiate
Initiate

VMS4430P

Set up system yesterday and appeared to be working correctly.  Turned off last night.

Today get message "Arlo is currently unavailable".

Not a good start.

pamt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just rebooted my router and all is good not

Romero49
Initiate
Initiate
I too bought my Arlo pro 2 yesterday. I had a choice between Arlo and Nest. I guess I’ll be taking the Arlo back to the store.
Noenuff
Aspirant
Aspirant

coyotealarm
Apprentice
Apprentice

The issue with the sign in on apps and or computer has not been resolved, Arlo team.  My internet connection is fine, arlo has the problem and a swift resolution is mandatory if you want to keep your customers. Can't say problems, one after the other on Arlo's end, encourages remaining with Arlo.

mtroop24
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the ETA on getting this fixed.  I spent a bunch of $$ to purchase this and get it set up for a big problem we are having, but we can't access the system.  What kind of business practice is this?

We went with Netgear because we thought it would be a reliable, trustworthy company, but after reading all the posts in here, I'm wondering if I should take this system back and get something else???   

DlRr
Initiate
Initiate

I don't know if this will help you guys figure out the problem, but just in case... When I go to https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login I get (attached picture) every time.  Also, when I'm on WiFi at work or at home and I open the app I get "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavilable. Please try again later." However, if I turn off WiFi and use 4GLTE I can open and use the app normally. Again, don't know if that will help, but hopefully it does. 

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice
I changed my password a couple of days ago. Rebooted my router. Tried from a few different wi-fi systems with different providers. Still can't get in. This is as Arlo issue, not a DNS provider or ISP issue.
bhill777
Aspirant
Aspirant

i cannot even get in to change my password. 

bhill777
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo.netgear.com’s server IP address could not be found.

This is the message i get when i try to go to my account.

Frustrated2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope the login issue is fixed soon.  We rely on this system to help us monitor our ill mother at night.  We need it fixed ASAP.  

Marcustas
Initiate
Initiate

Still having log in issues with both the app and on the web site.

dougandersontx
Apprentice
Apprentice

When looking for phone help, don't call the number that pops on a separate tab., they will answer immediately and will try to take over your computer. It will say they are support for Netgear but they are not, they are trying to sell you something you don't need.