Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
kerry729
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having problems this morning.  

GeorgeIG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having issue at my end ???

Scianh
Initiate
Initiate
It wasnt letting me log in all weekend but I was able to get in by accessing through celllular instead of WiFi. Also, I rebooted my router and I’m now able to log onto WiFi. I recommend anything having issue try this
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It is NOT resolved, it just began. On LTE I can login, but not on WiFi. Library recordings are also unavailable when on WiFi.
kmcctex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just discovered the app log on issue at 10am CST 5/28 so it continues to be a problem.  Is it still being worked on by Arlo?

jz100
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo started to work 40 minutes ago.

Posarlosystem
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lasweet call the customer service number. The only people watching this are deleting negative comments. Not helping customers. 

Willjohn1517
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue, unresolved. Re-booting router didn’t work. Only access is on 4G cellular data. Wifi doesn’t allow. HELP!!!! BTW: How is it Apple & Amazon can fix there tech issues quickly and Netgear can’t. Also, good luck even getting thru to support. 👎
hirider58
Tutor
Tutor

As of 11:37 am eastern time mine STILL doesnt work - I'll never buy another Arlo product. I've had nothing but problems for over a month and absolutely NO response from anyone. What a joke.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried setting your router DNS servers to either Google or OpenDNS?

kmcctex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  Turning off wifi worked for me too.  I'll try a router reboot to see if I can get wifi going.  Thanks!!

erick_3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem when trying to login connected with my Wi-fi network. I get the message “Sorry blah blah blah”. I found out last night that turning off Wi-fi and connect using cellular network I can connect successfully. One of the problems though that I’ve noticed with 2 out of 4 of my cameras the battery is draining like crazy. I just recharged all of them like 4 days ago and they dont have that many recordings and they are like 89% where the other ones are 96-100% and have way more recordings than those 2. I’m not sure what the problem is there.
blackndecker
Tutor
Tutor

It's 8:36am and I'm still unable to login due to connectivity issues.  There is nothing wrong with the internet connectivity.  I'm a bit concerned because you guys sent that email out earlier in the week stating that there is a possible security issue. Now when I try to say forget password, I get a message that it doesn't recognize my credentials.  Is it safe to even have it on.. I still get alerts when the camera's pick up outside movement and I can't turn it off except to manually turn off the unit.  Please fill us in on what is happening.

Ddhh2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does your device record video?
Willjohn1517
Tutor
Tutor
Ridiculous that the expectation would be for us to all start re-setting servers etc. It’s a widespread issue. C’mon man!!! Netgear send a fix!
gtolstykh
Initiate
Initiate

This is ridiculous. It's not just a phone app issue, your servers are down, and I can not log in to "my Arlo" for 10 hours. How you can call Arlo the "security system." I am so regretting that I had to spend 900$ on this jank. Be ready for the upcoming class action; I will join one for sure.

MarkOldak
Initiate
Initiate
Netgear folks...it's unacceptable that a product you market as a security system is down and unaccessible for 2 days and counting. What's the point that's it's notifying me of a recording if I can't see what's going on. You must upgrade your redundancies immediately or stop marketing it as a "security" product.
aayon71
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are still getting that same message, is there something we need to do?
ChokingVictim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Turned WiFi off of my phone and I am able to get log in. My fiancee was able to do the same with her iPhone.
Suz58iccf
Aspirant
Aspirant

whitney2006
Tutor
Tutor

Continuing problem of not being able to log-on to change my camera status.  Since May 27, 2018 my system is not working.  Since it is in the unarmed status, my system is not able to be armed upon leaving my home.  Thus, ARLO is not working and protecting my residence. 

MarkOldak
Initiate
Initiate
Correct, this is not a local issue. Netgear arlo site is down.
erick_3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try logging in with cellular network hope it works!
EddieDJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Again the same as before, I purchased this yesterday spending more than $800.00 on a 4 camera pac and it all was a easy set up, but before I could get the 2nd camera going the issue of not being able to log on to the Arlo app site started and has now been going on for over 12 hours. As I stated before it did come back but only for a minute then it went back to not being able to log on.

Raystrait
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to login arlo app past 12 hours. From reading others post it appears is a major problem. Want you to know I am affected too.