Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: 5/28/18 @ 8:52PM Pacific

We have identified a DNS issue with certain Internet Service Providers that is causing connection to the Arlo app to fail. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and in the meantime we have identified a temporary workaround.

• Use a mobile device to connect to the Arlo app with Wi-Fi turned off (use cellular data/LTE). Please note that this option will use data from your cellular plan.

Some users have reported success logging into their Arlo app by updating their DNS settings to a public DNS server. For assistance with changing your DNS settings, it is recommended to contact your ISP.

Update: 5/28/18 @ 12:50PM Pacific

As part of our ongoing investigation and with the help of our Community and Social users, we’ve uncovered that the Arlo app login issue is only affecting some customers on some service providers.

If you are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later” and are willing to help us troubleshoot by providing us with your service provider (wifi or cellular carrier) and device type (iOS, android, web app). Please reply to this thread.

Update: 5/28/18 2:07AM Pacific 

We are looking into reports that some users are still seeing the error "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later" or "cannot log in due to internet connectivity issues". This does not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. We are continuing to investigate this issue, and will keep you updated here on this thread. 

Important Update 5/27/18 @ 11:00PM Pacific:

Some users had trouble logging into their Arlo apps earlier today, however, this did not affect library recordings or any previously set modes and rules. All systems are now up and running as expected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

Update: 5/27/18 @ 10:19 Pacific

We wanted to provide you with an update on the current login issue some users are experiencing where you may be unable to login to your Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are still actively investigating this issue and are working towards a resolution. Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue to update this thread as we have more information.

Original Post 5/27/18 @ 7:55PM Pacific

Hello Valued Arlo Customers,

We are aware of an issue where some users are unable to login to their Arlo apps, or are seeing the message “We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable.  Please try again later". We are actively investigating this issue and are working to resolve it. We'll update this thread when we have further information/updates.

-The Arlo Team

1,188 REPLIES 1,188
Goldenfit
Initiate
Initiate

you expect us to have our home protected with your devises not even working? i keep getting a pop up in log in menu "sorry; we are having trouble signing you in because of internet connectivity issues. do you want to try again?" i have already checked my internet twice and it is working perfectly. Safety is always my number one concern and i think i might have made a mistake with buying your product.

Wolfen99
Initiate
Initiate
All it says is that they are aware of the problem. Wish it was more informative.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
can’t sigh in internet connection issue there nothing wrong with internet connection. also fix push notifications it’s broken too
jrhancock
Guide
Guide
Can you provide an update on the issues most of us have had since the updates around the 15th? When do you expect to have everything back online? How about giving all users a full refund of system price so we can buy systems that actually work?
goodorbad
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue after updating. Was working today before I updated. Now I can not use the cameras or sign into my Arlo app.
MinCo
Initiate
Initiate

Same situation here. 

DanNM
Star
Star

Yeah, this really shouldnt/cant happen to such an important product. Just istalled it all yesterday. Grrr!

theglove
Initiate
Initiate

@Wolfen99 wrote:

All it says is that they are aware of the problem. Wish it was more informative.

Typical.  Service down and company support says little to nothing.

Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Even though my phone app is down, the web based application is working just great for me on my desktop, including catching, monitoring, notifying, and displaying new motion events.

MSn
Initiate
Initiate

Widespread outage for arlo.netgear.com, DNS unresolved, what's going on and what's the ETA for a solution? 

Most cloud services have a status page for their services right up on the site, how is one even supposed to find this information? Twitter? Are you kidding me?

Ilisa
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Baby is not working at all, not even on desktop. Horrible.

ladtracy
Star
Star

Yeah, yet again, systems are down, we should all be due a refund, think it is time to take this system back.  Best part while on hold I have a security company recorded message saying remove the special characters from my passwords, are they seriously telling us that their systems can't handle special characters?  Have they not updated their system since 1980, oh yeah, that is probably what broke it.  Also advertizing they can help make my computer run better, that's what I need is my computer to function as poorly as the Arlo system.

1arlouser
Initiate
Initiate

Same.  On hold with support and it says 30-60 minute wait time.

ladtracy
Star
Star

You have been working on this all day long, or at least that is what support told me this morning.  How is it that you do not understand your systems well enought to have repeated outages that last longer than a day?  This happens on a regular basis and is unacceptable.

Adam85282
Guide
Guide
Just today I ordered five new cameras from Costco so ten total. They're going back after this mess. I'll have to go back to a poe system
Buck_Naked
Star
Star

Chrome gives the ollowing...

This site can’t be reached

arlo.netgear.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Down detector is showing a spike in user reports from around the country...
Ko24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base was replaced about a week ago because it wouldn't work any more. It was only 1 year old. Now we get the system is unavailable. This is not making it a dependable system
v0ye
Initiate
Initiate
Hey all. I changed my connection from wifi to mobile data on my phone. This helped me log in and check my devices live. Hopefully this works for all of you.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Retired_Member To answer your question regarding the recording on the support line, I don't work at or for the call center, so I can't speak for them personally. However, I did escalate this to call center management, and they are working on updating the recording now.

rlamar
Initiate
Initiate

Keep getting message Arlo is unavailable please try later. Also cannot log into account on Android device or on computer,

Whats up?

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

No luck for me login in at all. If their systems are down, how can some log in?

@v0ye wrote:
Hey all. I changed my connection from wifi to mobile data on my phone. This helped me log in and check my devices live. Hopefully this works for all of you.

csalced1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, down, will not allow me to log in the app. I updated password due to security notice - but will not allow me to reset, accepts my old password.

DaveG123
Tutor
Tutor
Same Arlo unavailable message like everyone else...Does not impact some users as Arlo claiming, but every Arlo user.....Having issues basically after every update now, since they are fixing one issue and introducing another.... This is the Security system for and supposed to work all the time..if Arlo can't execute this task, refund money to all customers and close the shop. YOU can't continue to aggravate customers like this any longer... there are many conversations regarding class action lawsuit and I won't be surprised if one will be launched shortly....
Gatson25
Initiate
Initiate
Turning off my WiFi worked! I can now have a functional system. Thanks for the tip!
Dionysius
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having the same issues,  Very annoying especially since I just bought these cameras.