Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
younique
Initiate
Initiate

I just subscribed to the e911 plan and when I add my address to the require field for location it states it's invalid.... Who can I contact to add my address information? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If your address is not working, contact our support team here at Arlo Support so they can help you out further.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
h3lladvocate
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting "Invalid Address" everytime I enter my address (which is a correct/valid address). I would really like this fixed so I can use the features I pay for 😞

DreRSaint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting the same error:

"You entered and invalid address, please enter a valid street, city, postalcode and state."

Not sure what to do..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are these relatively new addresses? There's apparently issues that can arise when a new development comes online and the database Arlo uses hasn't been updated.

DreRSaint
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Home was built in 2015 and I haven't had any issues with any other service. My mobile phone provider, etc all recognize it.
younique
Initiate
Initiate

I have contacted support via phone and it's still not operating. I'm going to cancel my plan and the end of the month. It would be great if the feature actually worked...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @younique@DreRSaint@h3lladvocate,

Let me gather more information from you guys regarding with e911 not recognizing your address. I'll reach out to you all via private message. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

DreRSaint
Aspirant
Aspirant
My issue was fixed. Thanks Jessica for your assistance.
dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a variation of this problem. In the iOS app (both iphone and ipad versions) the e911 interprets the input address incorrectly. Even though I put in the correct street address and zip code it first asks if it is correct (and displays the city and zip correctly) and then goes back to the previous screen where it displays a different city and zip.  The incorrectly displayed city and zip are in a completely different part of the state, about 250 miles away. Interestingly, the address is displayed correctly on the arlo web app. This makes me nervous about using the e911 feature since the notification may go to the wrong 911 location.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @dfuerpo,

Did you install to the newest Arlo iOS app version, which is 2.7.2? If you haven't, try that and see if that resolves the problem. If it doesn't, let me know.

dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just updated the app today but it says it is version 2.7.1 (released Jan. 17, 2019).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure that you refresh the App Store to see the latest version. You can read here about the release details on version 2.7.2: Arlo iOS Mobile App version - 2.7.2 - 08 February 2019

dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, got it, but it still displays the wrong city and zip.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is it showing the wrong city and zip code on both your iPhone and iPad? Try to reinstall the app and check again. Otherwise, let me know if the issue still occurs.

dfuerpo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it shows the wrong city and zip code on both the iPhone and iPad. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both with the same problem.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

slsjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact situation for me. It will display correct address before saving but then goes back to a different address.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @slsjr,

Is this happening when you correct the address through the web browser on your computer or on the Arlo app?

slsjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to edit the address through your web browser on your computer and see if that helps.

mikezopes
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, when does the database get updated?  It's been awhile

mikezopes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running this on an adroid device (Samsung 9+ Phone) and still cant fix the e911 address.

slsjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. So when I check the address in the web browser it shows the correct City and zip but still today in the app it shows the wrong city (Asotin) and zip (99402 vs 980...).
mikezopes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried off the web, and still same thing. Doesn't recognize address.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @mikezopes and @slsjr,

I have sent both of you a private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.