Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I've had a paid subscription for over 2 years. Today on my iPhone 8, in the settings for all my cameras, I see a "3-Month Trail Active" banner. What is this for? Have I been wasting my money all this years? 

Does Arlo think I have a free account??? That could explain why my activity zones don't always work like they should.

5 REPLIES 5
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Today I noticed the area to set activities zones from my iPhone 8 are gone. I have 6 cameras and two of them have a button to create activity zones. I used to be able to set these zones from my phone for all cameras and now I can't. If I go to the web interface using Chrome, the activity zone buttons are showing for all cameras. 

Any clues?

I noticed a "3-Month Trial Active" button for each camera from within my iPhone app. I wonder what this all about since I'm already have a subscription plan.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ScotCamera wrote:

I've had a paid subscription for over 2 years. Today on my iPhone 8, in the settings for all my cameras, I see a "3-Month Trail Active" banner. What is this for? Have I been wasting my money all this years? 

It may depend on what you are paying for. Pro 2 cameras do not need a subscription for seven days worth of cloud storage. But anything more substantial than that costs.

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

From time to time, someone at Arlo decides to make life interesting by throwing us all into confusion with strange popups in apps. Often they are just there to encourage us to part with more money. They don't seem to be tied in with what we are already paying for.

@ScotCamera wrote:

Does Arlo think I have a free account??? That could explain why my activity zones don't always work like they should.

Check what you are paying for and see if it covers the "smarts" that you want.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DarrenLew65
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too I have 80 cameras on 3 separate accounts and pay for 90 days storage so what is this banner? I’ve emailed a tech contact in Ireland.
DarrenLew65
Aspirant
Aspirant
I even get the message on my Arlo Go cameras and I pay £4 a month to Vodafone for the love
ArloGoodExcept
Initiate
Initiate

re. "From time to time, someone at Arlo decides to make life interesting by throwing us all into confusion with strange popups in apps."  Yes, that's a polite way of putting it...

I for one could use a little less confusion of this type.  I love my Arlo system but I wish they'd unsubscribe me from the "Let me market my new functionality in the app as a confusing service double-speak."  I really, really wish that this trend of marketing in a tool application I'm already paying for would be muted or even better... put this stuff in a email!  You "got my number"!  You don't need to put confusing (and it the past, bug-ridden adverts in your app I use for functional access to the service).  There... got this off my chest.  Now I wait for 3 months so I can call up Support to straighten out my subscription... again.