Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where did my annual plan option go? It is unexpectedly no longer an option

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
itzautomatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had an annual plan (Smart Premier- Annual) and 10 cameras with Arlo and wanted to test out the elite plan but only for a month before I signed up for the full annual.  I was shown the annual plans for both Smart Premier and Smart Elite as well as the monthly plans for both.  I was not warned about losing the annual plans if I tried to switch for a month first.  So I switched to monthly Smart Elite.  I was happy with the monthly plan pretty quick so I wanted to sign up for annual, but now I have no annual options, I can't even go back to what I had (which it did not warn me would be the case) and am now paying more for the same thing I had before even at Smart Premier.  This doesn't seem right, in-fact a bit sneaky if you ask me.  I contacted support and they said there is no more annual plan, but it just showed it to me yesterday when I switched.  It's like I got locked out of my previous annual options when I took a new plan for a spin.  I am bit frustrated here as I was just trying to see if I wanted to pay more for a higher plan, but now I'm getting asked to pay more in a way I was not expecting.  Anything I can do here to get my annual plan back?  In the mean time I'm a bit put off and am returning all the new cameras I bought to go with what was going to be my Smart Elite annual plan which is a shame for all of us.  

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo is phasing out the annual plans for new users and current monthly users... seems when you switched you fell into the second group making it not available

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
itzautomatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I think you are right.  The thing is I'm not a new user, and I wasn't told I would one-way fall into the second group with the change...  Thanks for the reply

fly4vino
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why are the offering something   monthly  service level     that they do not offer .