Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What does 14 day plan and a 30 day plan mean? I thought continuous means not ending? (CVR)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
blawwwhh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  just Dont understand what they mean by a 14 day plan, and a 30 day plan. i thought continuous meant that it didnt end? so it is a plan that continuously records for half the month? which half? do i get to choose the days that will be recorded continuously? can someone please explain this too me apparently this is above my pay grade. or arlo is a bunch of dirt bags (like when they said they had the ability to show night vision in full color, not that they would make it not dark in the room anymore. so your saying you put a flash light on your camera) once again arlo makes me feel pretty dumb for not knowing this. that or i was deceived but i try to keep a positive attitude when it comes to keeping me and my family safe at night.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@blawwwhh wrote:

I  just Dont understand what they mean by a 14 day plan, and a 30 day plan.

CVR records continuously.  14 days means that the recording goes back 14 days; similarly 30 days means that the recording goes back 30.  Recordings older than that are deleted (think of them as being overwritten with the current recording).

Note CVR requires that the camera be powered by an AC adapter (not battery or solar powered).

Personally I use the motion detection, and don't subscribe to CVR.

blawwwhh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for explaining that
If I was to enroll in a cvr plan, would they're still be motion alerts that trigger a recording sequence, or since it's always recording, will I not get that option anymore?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CVR doesn't impact motion recordings. In fact, any recordings are noted on the CVR timeline so you can easily go to where a recording was made to see if there's anything of interest before or after the recording.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I tried CVR for a bit, but didn't stick with it.  Navigating the CVR recordings isn't as easy as it might be, and there is no way to download a section of the CVR stream to your PC to preserve it (or for handing off to law enforcement).  Also, in my case there were some gaps.  Others here have reported similar issues with CVR.

So I suggest starting with just the motion recordings, and see if they are good enough to meet your needs.