Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI

I have updated my account to ENTERPRISE, currently running 5 base stations and 6 cams, However, nothing recording yet.

There was not a lot of info about the plan. Recording to cloud not included in this plan? I go to library and it shows no recording. Please advice

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure about the Enterprise plan - is that a business one or do you mean Elite?

The plans don't change recording other than when you exceed 5 cameras on the free plan. What modes are you using? It would seem that each base has one camera (one with 2 cameras) so each would have the Armed mode with only those cameras synced to the base. Tell us more about how you've got things configured, including modes and rules.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure about the Enterprise plan - is that a business one or do you mean Elite?

The plans don't change recording other than when you exceed 5 cameras on the free plan. What modes are you using? It would seem that each base has one camera (one with 2 cameras) so each would have the Armed mode with only those cameras synced to the base. Tell us more about how you've got things configured, including modes and rules.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I saw on arlo site Enterprise is a business plan with 60 day storage for up to 40 cams.

I don't know if you meant 6 cams on each base station. Like jguerdat  mentioned do you mean Premier  or Elite?.  Either way check that cams are active under the manage cameras in subscription settings.  Here is link I found for enterprise. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1226981/How-can-I-use-Arlo-to-monitor-my-organization-or-business

https://kb.arlo.com/1202808/What-Arlo-business-subscription-plans-are-available

MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your reply, its Enterprise BUSINESS PLAN.

I currently have running ( 4 Base stations ),  1 camera connected to each of the 3 stations and 2 camera connected to 1 of the stations, that makes it total

4 stations

5 cameras

All of them are on disarmed MODE.

Is that enough info?

When it says that with Enterprise business plan,you can run 40 cams. Can I run 40 cams in 40 different stations for example under one account? Or the 40 cams should be running under one station?

Thanks for your help

MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

its 1 cam on each station and other stations running 2 cams.

I will have a look at your link.

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@MoeSylver wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your reply, its Enterprise BUSINESS PLAN.

I currently have running ( 4 Base stations ),  1 camera connected to each of the 3 stations and 2 camera connected to 1 of the stations, that makes it total

4 stations

5 cameras

That's rather overkill for your current needs since the free plan allows for up to 5 cameras so you're already covered. The number of bases and locations has no bearing - it's only based on the number of cameras. However, if the issue is the cloud storage, then it makes sense. I do have a Python script that can be run on a computer that downloads the previous day's videos for local storage if you don't have a base that supports USB drives. Any base starting with the VMB4000 supports local storage and the VMB4540 and above allow you to use the app to view those recordings without the need to safely eject the drive for viewing on a computer.

All of them are on disarmed MODE.

There's your problem - if disarmed, there's no recording. You must use at least the Armed mode if not custom modes.

When it says that with Enterprise business plan,you can run 40 cams. Can I run 40 cams in 40 different stations for example under one account? Or the 40 cams should be running under one station?

The former. Again, the number and location of bases has no bearing - it's all about cameras.

MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for your quick response.

I have armed one of the stations to test. Will it only record when there is motion deducted?

Is there any limit for the cloud storage?

All my stations have a USB slot.

(Python script), is that a software I can get or download on my PC? downloading all videos to my hard drive automatically is a really good idea.

Sorry for keep asking too many questions.

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless the cameras are AC-powered and you have subscribed to CVR, they only record on motion (or audio, if newer models).  Cloud storage is limited only by the number of days supported by the plan you subscribe to.

As for local recording, I don't believe you ever said what system you have. The original wireless cameras used the VMB3000 base which had USB connectors but those were never useful for users. The newer Pro camera systems use the VMB4000 base (and newer replacements in the 4xxx range). These have usable USB connectors and can be used for local storage of any recorded videos except manual recordings and CVR.  Use of the app allows you to view the local recordings without ejecting the drive on any base starting with the VMB4540 and above.

As for Python, that's a programming language. Someone wrote a script using Python that connects to the servers and will download a day's videos, yesterday's by default. I simply have written some brief directions for installation and can email the basic script and directions if you PM me your email address (never supply it here in public). It works well enough but is very basic. It does add some features like filename renaming to human-readable timestamps but you can also accomplish the same thing by using a thumb drive in your bases.

MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very useful information, I thank you again for your response and explaining for me how it works.

I will PM you my email address and would really appreciate it if you can send me instruction regards the software you have mentioned to me.

By the way, do you work for Arlo? or you are just a regular member as me?

Thanks again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Superusers/gurus don't work for Arlo. I'm retired IT (15 years now!) and have just spent way too much time here...  🙂

MoeSylver
Aspirant
Aspirant

No wonder why you know too much about Arlo, they should employ you or send you free device.

I thank you again for your help, email received , will install the software sometime soon.

Cheers Mate

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@MoeSylver wrote:

No wonder why you know too much about Arlo, they should employ you

Hell, no! I retired 15 years ago and never looked back!!  🙂