Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mdclw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying unsuccessfully for several weeks to purchase and get help from Support with my issue.

I am unable to purchase a plan.  My Account says that I live in the USA, but My Arlo Dashboard says that I live in Hungary.

(I live in USA)

All of my plan pricing is listed in Hungarian currency and I am unable to change my Country in the Dashboard.  None of my means of payment are going through.  I have contacted support for several weeks and my cameras are mainly off because of the features unavailable without a plan.  No recordings or zones.  Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you first set the system up, what country were you in? If Hungary, that's the problem. You'd need to remove all devices from your existing account, create a new account with a new email address and set the system back up.

mdclw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding. 

I bought the system from Best Buy in November.  I have always lived in the USA, and my main account is registered in the USA.  I do not use a VPN either.  I have never been to Hungary or even out of the country in the last year.  I am not going to create a new email account just for Arlo. 

Can my account be deleted and created anew with the correct settings? Why can this not be corrected internally?

I received a response last night with the same response to use a different email address.  I was told this same answer before the case was escalated to get a better resolution than "fix it on my end."  I tried to respond to the ticket but it was already closed.  This is not the level of service I expected for an issue that I did not create with products of this nature.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what went wrong but right now I think your only option is to use a new account.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

There should be no reason Arlo can't just completely remove the account and then set it up correctly using his e-mail.  Only if it remains in their system is there a conflict.  They may not want to deal with it but they can.  But changing your e-mail is a pain also.  Yes you can have another e-mail just for Arlo but that to can be a pain for some, I often wish I only had one.

mdclw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.  My cameras have been turned off for another week.  I dont understand why this is un-fixable.  I have been trying to create a new email to forward to my own but its been difficult.  I will probably start a new account and then get no offer for a Paypal price reduction, the coupon i saved wont work on a different account and then I'll spend tons of time calling and asking for a rebate on a plan that they will now swear is new. 

Honestly I am floored at the lack of customer service from Arlo.  Lots of systems and still no one actually handles the issue.  I will probably sell the system now because I have lost faith in the product.  I only wish I had read all of the service issues on reddit before hand.  I tried to make this work but I just don't have an hour each day to devote to it.

If anyone wants to buy a four camera Arlo 3 please let me know.