Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Steve04
Tutor
Tutor

SEE ATTACHED PDF OF MY CHAT WITH SUPPORT

This is crazy. I contacted support trying to cancel my 30 day trial. Reason was I was planning to upgrade to the Ultra version in 2 months time. So I had planned to stay with Arlo until this experience. I've attached a word document worth a read. It's a copy of the chat support I recieved. After a lot of conflicing messages I was told to charge my card and have it prorated. I was then told I would actually need to call my credit card company to block them???? Are you kidding me?

How can you expect any actual features that are buggy to ever be fixed when they cannot even cancel a 30 day trial. Also, apparently the support people are also unable to manually cancel it or even transfer to you to someone who can. Completely unacceptable.

7 REPLIES 7
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

@Steve04 wrote:

SEE ATTACHED PDF OF MY CHAT WITH SUPPORT

This is crazy. I contacted support trying to cancel my 30 day trial. Reason was I was planning to upgrade to the Ultra version in 2 months time. So I had planned to stay with Arlo until this experience. I've attached a word document worth a read. It's a copy of the chat support I recieved. After a lot of conflicing messages I was told to charge my card and have it prorated. I was then told I would actually need to call my credit card company to block them???? Are you kidding me?

How can you expect any actual features that are buggy to ever be fixed when they cannot even cancel a 30 day trial. Also, apparently the support people are also unable to manually cancel it or even transfer to you to someone who can. Completely unacceptable.

It is sad to say, but Arlo’s split from Negear left Arlo with lots of problems.   I suspect Netgear kept the quality programmers and Arlo got the less good ones.   Your experience with trying to cancel a subscription is shocking. I would like to hear an update on the final outcome.

By the way, on a previous support issue (the disasterous App upgrade from 2.5.5 to 2.6.0), I discovered that the support person I was speaking to was physically located in the Philippines!  Reading your exchange, the words she uses, the style, etc, I am sure your support person is also located in the Philippines.  Good luck with that!

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

That’s strange as I cancelled my free trial ok but I’m U.K. based so perhaps that makes a difference in some strange way but they do need to give the end user the ability to remove their credit card details or at least amend them as I can’t do either and going through support to do this is very poor.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Steve04,

Sorry to hear the experience you had. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you regarding this.

JFK-MA
Aspirant
Aspirant

My chat today (12/16/19) was almost to the same exact statements as yours.  I believe this is a known problem and Arlo has never addressed it as I ca not cancel my free trial before it begins to charge my credit card next week.  This is quite frustrating and a need to report to authorities like BBB. Not even sure that will help but this is NOT a new concern for people; yet Arlo refuses to let folks cancel their plan.  I only had great things to say about the products but now question the company behind it.

JFK-MA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo -- if anyone from Arlo reads this, my case numbers are below:  

Case Number: 41335472 or 41335452  (would appreciate some help here)

Steve04
Tutor
Tutor
I returned mine and have not been on the app since then but I believe they have a cancel button. It’s unitiuitive and does not give the sense that it will cancel your trial but does. Figured it out on my own after support was unable to help. Cameras are great but I cancelled due to the awful support and got all my money back before I was locked in. As a person that works for a very successful software company I can say that support is a top 3 in regards to retention. It’s still shocking to me how businesses overlook this as a differentiator for them...
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JFK-MA,

I've looked into your case but need to gather information from you. Let me reach out to you via private message.