Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Daller55
Tutor
Tutor

This is the worst product I have owned on my life!!

Actually, the cameras is okay, the quality is good on the Arlo Pro 3, it does what it is supposed to do!

BUT THE SUPPORT IS THE WORST!

I have tried for over 1.5 month to subscribe to the Arlo Smart Plan. The support do not understand my issue, they can see that it is because my account is a US account, and I live in Denmark, and that it the reason. But they cant seem to fix it, and when I call in, which takes about an hour on hold, then they do not do what we agree.

I have now tried to solve this 3 times, everytime I have to create a new ticket.

Also, I am danish, and I log in to the danish Arlo page, but the forum is in german language and I cant change it, so I dont understand anything..

Seriously, do not buy Arlo products..

17 REPLIES 17
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Daller55,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you in regards to your contact with the support team.

Laura1133
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. I live in the US, but the cameras are installed in my home in Costa Rica, yet I am unable to purchase a Smart Plan. Customer service is almost non existent.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Laura,

We want to let you know that Arlo Smart is not available in Costa Rica. You can read here to learn which countries support Arlo Smart: Where is Arlo Smart available?

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor
The hole point is that Laura clearly has reached out to support but hasn’t received the help she needs.

Even that respons you just gave her
Daller55
Tutor
Tutor
And I am still waiting to hear back from support on the ticket you created for me.

I have waited more than a week now
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

It looks like they responded to your case via email a few hours ago. Let me know if you have not received their response.

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor

Seriously..!

The account you have created for me is Polish, I do NOT live in Poland, I live in Denmark..

I have said this both in the support ticket AND on this discussion thread, look at the thread title.. WHAT IS GOING ON??

I still can't subscribe because I can't change the country... I don't even know why I want to subscribe anymore, I guess it is because I have spent all this money on your cameras..

But this is a good thing, now people can see in this thread why they shouldn't buy an Arlo product.

So I guess that you have to create a new account AGAIN, and I need to create a new email address to only have Arlo account on it??

And yes, I write to you here because no one answers me when I answer the support ticket.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated your case to the support team so they should be reaching out to you through your case after they finish reviewing your case.

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor
No one reached out to me.

And now they have closed my case!

I hope you can see how bad this looks.?

This is exactly why I created this tread on the forum. So others can see how much we struggle with Arlo customer support.

I have never in my life experienced anything as bad as this.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Daller55,

I've escalated your case to the team again. They should be contacting you through your case via email. Please let me know if you don't hear back after 48 hours.

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor
I haven’t heard anything from support since your escalation
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated your case again to the support team and they should be contacting you at latest one business day. If you don't hear back by then, do let me know again.

cmipilot
Initiate
Initiate

It's obvious that Arlo has a support issue.  The question is, does anyone at Arlo care.  From the posts I'm seeing, the answer would be no.

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed.

To me it doesn't make sense though, I simply wan't to subscribe to their service. But clearly that is not as simple at Arlo.

You get this hole idea that Arlo products are the best, easy to install and all that. But in reality it simply isn't the case.. 

I feel like I have been tricked by "the big bad wolf".

Daller55
Tutor
Tutor

WoW

Someone contacted me from Arlo support today. Of course I had to describe the issue once again:-)  lets see if they can actually  help me this time, and correct to country I live in on my account.. Should be very basic to solve this ticket.

lets see.

MaryLynnW
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ordered the
Smart cams as well. I also live in Costa Rica. I ordered 6 cameras and when they came (shipped here) I found I could only activate 5 since to activate more than 5 you need a support contract which is not available in Costa Rica. This is not mentioned anywhere except the support forum and the customer service rep basically said I should have read it here before purchasing the cameras. Wtf? Now my base station says there are no updates available and all the cameras on the app say I need to upgrade. The app keeps telling me I need to select a verification method and then sends me to a screen showing I already did. Love the cameras, hate the quality of the app and the customer service. Disappointing.
Randomhero28
Aspirant
Aspirant

lol yea good luck with any resolution. I just retried to subscribe to the smart plan, after having issues with signing up with a visa debit, which shouldn't be ANY different from a normal visa, works absolutely ANYWHERE else. And still nothing, this company is a joke for customer support. Man I have buyers remorse every time I think about this waste. Actually half surprised that Arlo is even still around, though this holiday season I see almost every product on sale by massive amounts. I feel like my prediction of the company not being around long is going to come very soon...Good riddance, nothing but crooks at this point with very clearly zero interest in helping their users, one look at the forums being a very clear indication, nothing but issues with next to zero being solved. What a disgrace. and the worst part is, they will get away with being a grimy bunch of pos's through some legal loopholes and we will all be screwed out of whatever money we gave them just to line their pockets a bit more.