Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SeanAndKaty
Aspirant
Aspirant

We’re in a rural area,  frustrated thus far with inability to not be awakened by alerts for cats & critters, as well as weak night vision for battery-powered cameras and especially for cameras not recording motion until 3-4 seconds after it begins. So we just subscribed to the Premier plan. Hoping this helps, particularly in eliminating animals from triggering recording AND for having the recording begin WHEN the motion is detected, instead of having that 3-4 second delay. Questions: now that I can (apparently) turn animal detection off, leaving only “people” and “vehicles” to be detected, should I turn my motion detection setting back up, in order to get the most range from the camera? AND, will my recording begin earlier, without the delay??? Thanks in advance....

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start with leaving the other settings alone, and get a baseline on how well the notifications resolve your unwanted alerts. Then try raising the motion threshold.

Smart notifications won't reduce the alert delay - in fact they generally will increase it a bit, since the cloud needs to analyze the video.  Timed recordings generally give you lower delays than "recording until motion stops" - and shorter recording times generally give you shorter delays.