Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 48 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
JLM82
Guide
Guide
I am getting Smart notifications for settings that are disabled. I am getting general motion alerts when it is unchecked for all devices. Now I am also getting sound alerts and those are unchecked for all devices.
48 REPLIES 48
mmcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station Hardware VMB4500r2 / Firmware 1.17.1.2_3864_0e6c162

Camera Hardware H9 / Firmware 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a

For the last few days I have been getting notifications for 'All Other Motion' even though this is not setup as a Alert on my system. I have only set 'People' and 'Vehicles'.

Additionally I am receiving duplicate alerts to my Android Phone in every instance. 

I have attempted restarting the Base Station and powering off/on the. Base Station with no success  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @mmcm

Regarding your duplicate notifications, this is by design. You will receive one audible PN when motion is detected and a 2nd NON Audible alert when the video is uploaded to your library. 

Have you tried turning off the Smart notifications and back on? You can also try rebooting your camera and test again. 

mmcm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS 

Thanks for your response. What I am receiving is a double push notification for the same event - two full alerts with two images etc. 

I have already tried turning off the Smart notifications and back on and rebooting both the camera and base station without success.

grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide

Hi, I'm also experiencing this issue. Sometimes weeks go by where the smart notifications work perfectly to only send out person detected alerts, and then all of a sudden, without changing a thing I start getting "motion detected" alerts. Please fix this, it is really irritating and we are paying to be able to only receive the alerts we want (e.g. only person detected)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider toggling off all Smart Alerts for your camera, restart the camera (SmartHub or Base Station if you have one) and then toggle on the desired alerts. Wait 30 minutes and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide
Hi James, thanks for the speedy response. I've previously performed those actions and it does seem to temporarily solve the issue, but after a while it acts up again. I really wish there was a way to log a support ticket and get it promoted all the way to the software devs so that they can fix it.
Dan-M
Guide
Guide

@JamesC I am experiencing a similar issue. After adding someone via "Grant Access", I am now receiving notifications for "Motion" when "All other motion" is not selected in Smart Notifications. I have tried toggling the smart notifications settings in the mobile app, uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app, toggling smart notifications settings via the web app, resetting the base station, resetting the cameras, etc. Please help, thank you.

System details:

- Two Arlo Ultra cameras, Hardware: H6

- One Hub, Hardware: VMB5000r4

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you still seeing the issue today? Could you provide a timestamp for the last time this occurred?

JamesC

Dan-M
Guide
Guide
Yes, I am seeing the issue today. At 5:06pm eastern, I was notified for a “motion” and should not have been as I do not have that enabled in smart notifications. Additionally, recordings are being triggered outside of the activity zone.
JLM82
Guide
Guide
I am also still getting "motion" notifications today between 7:37-17:37hrs central time. I can donate them if needed. I also have the cameras shared with one other person. They have been shared since we got the cameras over 1 year ago and it did not happen when it was originally setup.
grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide

I received 2 x "motion detected" alerts at 23:27 central time on a camera that is set to only show people and vehicle alerts. 

Dan-M
Guide
Guide

@JamesC is this a known issue or should we log this with customer support?

grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide

Throughout today I was again receiving motion detected alerts where cameras have been configured to only alert for persons and vehicles.

How do we log this with customer support? I couldn't find a place on Arlo's website to do that.

grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide

Hi @JamesC any update on this? I'm receiving a ton of motion detected alerts today and they are driving me crazy.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic and the development team is currently reviewing these reports. I will provide a status update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

JLM82
Guide
Guide

Thanks for escalating this.  In addition to the "all other motion" notifications that I am receiving when that smart notification is turned off, I am getting notifications for things outside of the activity zones.  I have tried removing the activity zones and setting them up again with no change.  I am glad that I am not alone with this problem, but hope that development can figure something out.

Dan-M
Guide
Guide

Thanks @JamesC. This appears to be directly related to "grant access" for me. After granting access to my wife, I started receiving the erroneous "motion" notifications, and recordings began occurring outside of my activity zones. I removed my wife from grant access, and the behavior is back to normal. I look forward to the resolution so that I can re-add my wife without unexpected functionality changes

grimlurk3r
Guide
Guide

Hi! Thanks, much appreciated!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received, Thank you. 

I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Tylerarlouser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras set up in my garden.  I have Smart Notifications set to "animals only".  One of my two cameras continues to pick up "people".  All the notifications videos in the library for that particular camera are designated "Person".  The other camera does not pick up "people".  I have the same settings on both cameras and so I do not know how to get the one camera to stop recognizing "people".

Melanie14
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

We have a Arlo Pro 3 camera and the device detects persons and movements without something happening. Movement would not be so tragic but person detected is very annoying.
JLM82
Guide
Guide

@JamesC  or @ShayneS , any updates on this?  Just checking.  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JLM82,

Some cloud side adjustments were made after the initial reports of this issue were investigated. I recommend that you delete any activity zones you have, restart your base station/cameras and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior by recreating your activity zones and adjusting your smart alert toggles.

JamesC

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.