Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart notifications are not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Let me try this here one more time.  Notifications for people, vehicles and animals is working when recognized.  Because smart isn't very good at it I have to turn on notifications for my two drive cams.  Even though they make it to the library about 30% of the time no notification for motion is sent.  These are the two I want most.  Today I spent another hour with support who had me uninstall and re install the app ( this means resetting all the settings on the phone again )  pull the cams, reset the hub and even set up new modes.  People, vehicles and animals are coming through it's not hardware.  The videos are in the cloud, it's recording.  That leaves the smart system.  What more can I say and please don't point me to support again.

3 REPLIES 3
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

should be edited to say "I need to also turn on notifications for motion on my two drive cams"  It is only those notifications not always being sent.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No Arlo, it is still not working right and now I sometimes get motion notifications for cameras that have it turned off.  The videos are in the library and correctly labeled, the problem is clearly not a hardware issue.  Also there is no solution offered to click on.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ya, I just asked a moderator in another thread to please look into this personally. Not to direct [deflect!] us to a department which will only ask us if we have performed the same old "Arlo Dance" of un pair/re pair/unplug/plug/reboot/repeat, that we all know by heart by now. 

It really is embarrassing.