Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications Vs. Motion Detection vs. Activity Zone

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
Surfer592
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone, 
So after using my Arlo now for 6 months and having paid for the Arlo smart monthly package im still not really sure which is the best platform to use. When I first signed up, It was my thinking/ understanding that you would set up Activity Zones and within those Zones, if Smart notifications were on such as package detection, it would then notify you for a package, but I was mistaken. 

Currently understanding of Software: 
Smart Notifications- Read the whole viewing area and notify you of a Vehicle or Package anywhere in that whole viewing area. ( Not just within activity zone) 

Activity Zones- Notify you of anything that happens in just those areas Regardless of what you want or dont want notifying you like animals or cars

Motion Detection- Currently raised to 80 in order to avoid anything triggering in the smart notifications that are not actually those things. When I had it down to 20, motion of a fly would trigger it and say it was motion even though I didnt want notifications of “all other Motion” 

So my question is, Is it better to use a combination of Motion detection raised to 80 so only strong motions trigger the smart notifications or Rely on Activity Zones to work? Currently the zones do work but flys are triggering the zones because within the Zone all motion is recorded is my understanding. Can someone clarify? 

0 REPLIES 0