Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Right now is the perfect time to have the cameras not working too!

I'd absolutely LOVE package detection to work.

Right now I'm 100% relying on my Ring doorbell and then I check my Arlo cameras. I'm completely blind at my back door (despite having an Arlo camera) because I'm still not notified if there is any kind of activity.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay... so what was the "solution" here?

To remove and resync?

Chandler21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine just started working without me doing anything. I went to bed and it wasn’t working but woke up and I had smart notification.
pjaszewski
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo CEO Matt McRae (mbmcrae) replied to my tweet about this thread and said that he was sending it to engineering.  I hope that leads to a resolution for us all!

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Right... well other than "just going to bed" is there a solution yet? This is frustrating. I came home from work today to find two packages outside of my door with no notifications received from Arlo. I got one from Ring though. 🙂

dannyb2100
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sadly at the time so far as I am aware was no official word from Arlo on an actual problem, and support gave the normal speech of remove / re-sync etc.
Tuscan
Tutor
Tutor

They should refund the service and revert us back to the non-smart plans until they have fixed all these bugs, the amount of bugs right now is just embarassing, and this is coming from a fellow software developer.

pjaszewski
Tutor
Tutor

That does feel like a fair solution.

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a dozen cameras and 2 base stations for a couple of properties.  I've also convinced at least 5 other neighbors to purchase Arlo systems.

NO MORE.  The support has gone down the drain.  I'm tired of communication issues with tech support and terrible audio quality.  

Arlo will no longer get ANY of my money.  And gratefully - I was just getting ready to pre-order a new base plus 4 camera pack of the latest 4k cameras with built - in flood ligh - but no.   I'll be selling my systems on craiglist and I will be jumping ship to another DIY security company.  

I was an early Arlo fan and supporter but they have lost me as a customer and I'm just about certain - they will lose others as well.  

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alro support if OFFICIALLY Junk.  I will be selling my two systems and you guys won't be getting ANY more of my money.  And all those neighbors that I've brag'ed to about my Arlo on NextDoor as I'm on our neighborhood security group - I'll be reaching out to all of them with the same suggestion.  

You guys are BLOWING it big time.  You spend too much time and effort on going public meanwhile you platform is SUCKING wind.

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm done with Arlo man.  I've bought a dozen cameras with base station and recommended it to about a half dozen other neighbors - but NO MORE. I'm selling mine and considering alternatives.  

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  I give up.  Product and support has become JUNK.

mmarotta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've also subscribed to Premier membership (1st month trial) to use the Arlo Smart features in Australia, however none of the smart alerts seem to be working.

The cameras are in "Armed" status with the Smart alert feature features enabled for (Person / Animals / Cars) but have not received any of these alerts.

Within the app (iOS / Web portal) all details are correct and membership shows as active as expected, however seems like the cameras are just not responding to the new features.

Just to make a point that when on the "Basic" plan and "Armed" at least you recieve motion notifications, however with the "Premier" membership, nothing at all making the cameras a decorative feature on the wall!

Please test and sort this out Netgear before implimenting such features. This shouldn't happen.

asafayan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just sent a LinkedIn invite with a note to Mr. McRae (CEO of Arlo) explaining to him that I'm done with this product and it's non-functional code.  

Anyone want to buy two used based stations and a dozen Arlo Pro cameras?  

Zegor
Star
Star

I've never had the smart alerts work and I've been signed up to Premier ever since it got released to Australia. All that works, is thumbnail images are shown in the notification on my iPhone - but the smart alerts that indicate person, car or animal - simply DOES NOT WORK.

I've been talking on-and-off with support for two weeks and am currently awaiting on a call back which SHOULD HAVE COME THREE DAYS AGO. Noticeably I am frustrated.

This is clearly an issue with Arlo. Clearly an issue impacting multiple users. And clearly an issue that they cannot get to the bottom of which makes me wonder what kind of setup these guys are running - it just shows their incompetence.

Fix your product Arlo!

I've been a big advocate of your products, but at some point the camels back will break...

DocCJC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have similar issues. When Arlo Smart recently became available in Australia, I could see "Person" and "Other" in the App. All of my cameras are set up correctly for smart alerts, but I only ever get general motion events -- never had a person alert, even though lots of people have walked past my cameras. The alerts are also slow to appear. Previously I would receive alerts within a few seconds of a camera detecting something, but now it takes sometimes 5 minutes. Not good if someone comes to the front door and they're gone before I know and can respond.

Zegor
Star
Star

Yes I experience that too when Arlo Smart is enabled - instead of the typical few seconds that it takes for motion to be detected to me getting an alert, it takes around 30-60 seconds. That's just a terrible reduction in functionality for a security system.

wackyshadow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, the notifications take like 2-3 minutes to come. Makes a the whole system useless. The thing is, even if you disable the smart notifications, the motion alerts still take that long to come. So effectively, subscribing to the smart premier plan makes your cameras useless!!
Pawebb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Just wondering if anyone had a fix for this? Experiencing exactly the same issues. Also having issues with smart notifications not working properly since upgrading to the CVR plan. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing issues with Arlo Smart notifications detecting incorrectly here are troubleshooting steps to try:

1 - Log in to your Arlo account
2 - Navigate to Settings > Manage Arlo Smart

3 - Select desired camera, uncheck all Smart toggles (People, Animals, Etc.)

4 - Reboot your base station / Camera

5 - Log back into your Arlo account and toggle on the desired Smart toggles for each camera

If you're still experiencing an issue after these steps, please contact the Arlo Support Team

For those discussing delayed push notifications, a slight delay is normal behavior. Alerts are not instantaneous because the video is being analyzed by the Arlo Cloud service. After the analysis, an alert is pushed only if it is relevant based on your Arlo Smart settings.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think that I found a fix for my problem.

I cancelled Arlo Smart. I'm keeping CVR though.

Literally just a minute after cancelling Arlo Smart I started receiving notifications (right away) again.

I tried adding it again and (as expected) lost all notifications. I played around with the toggles (animal, person, vehicle, all other) and nothing worked.

Next day, I cancelled it again and it started working (as expected.)

So at least for me that narrows it down. For some reason my Arlo Pro 2 system isn't compatable with Arlo Smart anymore. Ever since they tried adding things to identify the motion it went to crap.

Perhaps I'll try it again in about a year or so when they get their crap together.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’ve always known this to be the issue. Same with CVR as soon as I cancel my cvr subscription the pro 2 cameras work a lot better.
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm looking into Ring now. They have a lot more of a selection with way better support and not only is the equipment cheaper so is the monthly membership!

For example:

They pay YOU ($10) per new subscriber for their Ring Neighborhoods app. I'm not going to bother posting my referral link because I'm not trying to solicate. Best of all you don't even need the equipment! Just network with people and share your referral link, they sign up and you get the $10 credit. Get enough and you can save even more on a way better product that has way better support.

Their equipment ranges from alarms, cameras, spot lights, batteries, solar panels, signs, etc. You really can't beat that.

What does Arlo have? A bunch of different cameras that can't even notify you if someone is standing right in front of it. Nope, I'm done with Arlo. 

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide
I get notifications but without the photo. Interestingly i have a samsung gear s3 and i get the picture notifications on there. This information is pulled by bluetooth from my Samsung s8 but it doesnt work on my s8. It's so odd.
RichSob
Tutor
Tutor

After I purchased smart subscription for 1 month, I no longer get any notifications even though the camera is detecting and recording footage. Also this camera now no longer streams to google home? Disappointing.