Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Irelandhouse
Star
Star
I have Arlo Smart subscription to filter the video (person and animal) I am notified of. I also share my cameras with my wife. How can we set her up to just get the filtered videos and not all notifications.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Irelandhouse
Star
Star
We spoke with tech support and they said the filters on the primary account would transfer to the friend or access accounts. They cannot it be controlled by the friend but they will get them.

Our issue apparently was that the filters were enacted after sharing the cameras. We had to unshare, delete and reinstall her app, and then it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Irelandhouse,

Arlo Smart alerts is an account level feature. Only accounts with an active trial or Arlo Secure subscription plan will have the ability to filter alerts based on these categories. In your case, the primary account has an Arlo Secure subscription but the shared account does not.

JamesC

Irelandhouse
Star
Star
We spoke with tech support and they said the filters on the primary account would transfer to the friend or access accounts. They cannot it be controlled by the friend but they will get them.

Our issue apparently was that the filters were enacted after sharing the cameras. We had to unshare, delete and reinstall her app, and then it worked perfectly.