Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Account setup

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
WMad
Tutor
Tutor
How do I link accounts in the Arlo app. My wife and I each have created an account, but I cannot get mine linked to her account that has the device setup on it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WMad
Tutor
Tutor

StephenB - thank you for your suggestions and insight.
I have successfully added my account as a friend to my wife's account.
FYI - I was logging into the App on my iPhone using my wife's login and sending an invite to my email.
I would then log out of the App, click the link in my email, and log in with My account, from my same iPhone.
It was never accepting the Invite this way. So..........instead I used my iPhone to send the Invite, but used a seperate PC to accept and login with my Account. This successfully gave my account access.

I would guess that it would also work if my wife did the invite from her phone while I accepted from my phone. IDK.

Thanks Again!!! - your question of what browser prompted me to try from my PC instead...

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WMad wrote:
How do I link accounts in the Arlo app. My wife and I each have created an account, but I cannot get mine linked to her account that has the device setup on it.

See

Accept the invite by clicking on "create account" on a PC.  That will open up your browser to my.arlo.com.  You don't need to create a new account, just login to your existing one.

Note 2 factor verification is needed, so you will need to authorize the log in (either on the phone, or using the email verification method).

WMad
Tutor
Tutor
Already did that.
I don’t see the device shared to my login and my wife’s still shows my account as pending.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WMad wrote:
Already did that.

Did you click on "create account" in the invite or just log into your arlo account?

One thing you could try is canceling the invite in your wife's account, and sending another one.

WMad
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, I click on the Cteate link in the invite email.
That takes me to a login screen that I can either create an account or login with existing account. So I login.
I’ve sent like 4 new invites trying it.
So, unless you HAVE to create a new account for this to work……..
In which case you can’t invite another user that already has an account………
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WMad wrote:

So, unless you HAVE to create a new account for this to work……..
In which case you can’t invite another user that already has an account………

Actually you can add friends with existing accounts this way.

But I don't know what's blocking the acceptance in your case.  What browser are you using?

WMad
Tutor
Tutor

StephenB - thank you for your suggestions and insight.
I have successfully added my account as a friend to my wife's account.
FYI - I was logging into the App on my iPhone using my wife's login and sending an invite to my email.
I would then log out of the App, click the link in my email, and log in with My account, from my same iPhone.
It was never accepting the Invite this way. So..........instead I used my iPhone to send the Invite, but used a seperate PC to accept and login with my Account. This successfully gave my account access.

I would guess that it would also work if my wife did the invite from her phone while I accepted from my phone. IDK.

Thanks Again!!! - your question of what browser prompted me to try from my PC instead...

Tabathamarie
Initiate
Initiate
I tried using this method but I get an “unknown error” notification when I try to login on a browser.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tabathamarie wrote:
I tried using this method but I get an “unknown error” notification when I try to login on a browser.

What browser?  Is there any internet security software running on the PC?

Tabathamarie
Initiate
Initiate
I have tried chrome and safari, no security software on either. Chat support was also no help…so frustrating!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tabathamarie wrote:
I have tried chrome and safari, no security software on either.

Can you log in to the account from the browser w/o clicking on the "create account" link?  Just browsing to my.arlo.com?

Also, what two-factor authentication method were you using?

WRM414
Initiate
Initiate
WMAD, thank you for submitting your question! Although it was not your intention, you helped me figure out who has gained access to my cameras!
LauraD1977
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same problem. We have cameras all around our property. My husband inviting me to his account and I cannot get the camera notifications. It keeps saying no Arlo devices identified
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LauraD1977 wrote:
I’m having the same problem. We have cameras all around our property. My husband inviting me to his account and I cannot get the camera notifications. It keeps saying no Arlo devices identified

Accepting the invite on your phone often doesn't work.

Did you click on the "create account" link on a PC?  That should launch your browser to my.arlo.com.  From there, you should be able to either log in to an existing account or make a new one.

Either way, you don't try to "add device", as the devices are already in your husband's account.  

You might also have your husband check what cameras he shared.  The friend access doesn't invite you to his account, instead it allows access to specific cameras from your account.

LauraD1977
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your reply.  I went into the email invitation from a PC this time.  I clicked on Create an Account and then just logged in since I created on last night.  on the shared devices tab in the settings area it says "no shared devices" but my husband said he checked all of the boxes.   what next?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LauraD1977 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  I went into the email invitation from a PC this time.  I clicked on Create an Account and then just logged in since I created on last night.  on the shared devices tab in the settings area it says "no shared devices" but my husband said he checked all of the boxes.   what next?

He should check that his account shows the invite as accepted.

If it does, you might want to wait a day, and see if you still see no cameras.  If that's the case, then he might need to send you another invite.

LauraD1977
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks but he has sent several. Not a fan of Arlo! I’m not technologically challenged but this has me stumped and frustrated.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LauraD1977,

On the primary account under the Grant Access settings, does it show the invitation as "Pending" or accepted?

JamesC

LauraD1977
Tutor
Tutor
Pending and that did it!!! He did not turn on the allow access button. I am in and I apologize for blaming Arlo!! (And I gave him some heck😂). Thank you for all of your help!!!!