Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there Smart Detection for HomeKit?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kneekolaz
Initiate
Initiate

I want to have better notifications on my iPhone if a camera detects a person (specifically a person).   Right now, I can only figure out how to have it give the general iPhone notification, which is easy to miss.  I don't want to change all my iOS notifications to something more, just Arlo only.  If someone knows how to do this, please let me know. 

Otherwise, I'm hoping I can use the Home app (HomeKit) in iOS to give me better notifications.  The issue is that I can only choose to have the camera trigger an automation for general motion detection, not anything specific like a person detection.   Arlo does a great job of identifying a person from a bird, so hopefully this is possible to set up?

I am still on the trial subscription of Arlo Smart, so I think it might be a configuration thing between Arlo and HomeKit?

Appreciate the help in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Kneekolaz
Initiate
Initiate

Following up on this for help?

gton
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar query. I would like to set up HomeKit automation specific to a person being detected rather than general motion. i.e. if a perdón is detected rather a cat play audio on my bedroom speaker at night!