Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Veedems
Guide
Guide

I have a 4 camera Pro 2 with the smart premier plan. My Front Door camera is the unit I have enabled for package detection. As of late, with no changes to the setup, I’m getting false positives and no detection of the actual packages.

Is there a way to re-train the AI? For a while, it would ask for my input on each clip and now it doesn’t. I’m assuming that was a training regiment.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Veedems,

There isn't a way to "retrain" the AI for package detection. You can try to drag your camera off from the "Package Detection" and re-add it back on to see if that helps.

Otherwise, if your Arlo camera isn’t sure if it detected a package, you’ll receive this message: “Arlo thinks it saw a package”. If you would like to help improve Arlo’s algorithm, you can verify that Arlo detected a package in your Library and donate the video footage when prompted by your Arlo app.

You can also read more about Arlo Smart Package Detection here: Arlo Smart Package Detection

Veedems
Guide
Guide
I no longer get the messages “think it saw”. I only get the message that a package was detected but it’s wrong almost every time, now. It also isn’t alerting me to actual packages anymore.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to choose the video in your library that mentions "Package" and tap on the triple dots and tap on "Donate". When library content is donated, it is sent to the Arlo development team for research/analytics purposes. The video isn't shared with anyone outside the development team or on the Arlo website.