Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Renew Legacy Smart Elite

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
gattaca
Star
Star

Went in to change my CC info and see that it has "disappeared!"  I have an annual  Smart Elite plan. 

Now I see why - way too many posts about Arlo sneakily making renewal of existing long time customers as difficult as possible to force them to these new and much more $$ "Smart Plans"  by making it impossible to update the CC information.   My annual setup renews soon and I see NO WAY to update the subscription with new CC information.  They have yanked this ability from both the APP and web site.  

This is completely unacceptable business practices!  Cellular phone companies are not allowed to force upgrade legacy plans and neither should Arlo be doing this.  This is sneaky,  underhanded and a few more choice words that will surely get my post removed.    Unbelievable as I've recommended the Arlo products to friends and family who brought cameras on many occasions.  

The support teams and accounting/billing teams need to get this fixed and NOW.   There are way too many complaints for something they should HONORING and not making difficult.  Sure, no NEW is fine.. but kicking existing customers is a whole other game.   Very angry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gattaca
Star
Star

Hi, an update.

More diving.  For me, updating the subscription plan using the iPhone APP > Arlo > Settings > Subscription > CC info no longer shows anything there.   So I tried to login via Firefox.  I was also unable to see any of the subscription info in my.arlo.com portal.   Then I tried using MS Edge which did appear to function much better on my.arlo.com and it does show me the correct Annual Legacy Plan and the CC info which can be updated (at least for now). 

BLUF:  Annual Legacy  Plan Customers should:

1. Use MS Edge to update your account information.  IDK if Chrome works too.  I can say my up-to-date FF did not.
  2. Mark you calendars a couple weeks before the annual renewal and check on the renewal and setup of the billing information well beforehand. 
  3. Make sure if your billing info changes, you mark updating Arlo a priority.
  4. It appears if Arlo cancels your account due to an invalid or expired CC, you may not be able to rectify this from the many other posts I've read today.

I hope this helps.  In my case I was able to see and update the billing info using MS Edge.

Stay safe, stay alive.  Peace.  Have a great day!  Later.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gattaca
Star
Star

Hi, an update.

More diving.  For me, updating the subscription plan using the iPhone APP > Arlo > Settings > Subscription > CC info no longer shows anything there.   So I tried to login via Firefox.  I was also unable to see any of the subscription info in my.arlo.com portal.   Then I tried using MS Edge which did appear to function much better on my.arlo.com and it does show me the correct Annual Legacy Plan and the CC info which can be updated (at least for now). 

BLUF:  Annual Legacy  Plan Customers should:

1. Use MS Edge to update your account information.  IDK if Chrome works too.  I can say my up-to-date FF did not.
  2. Mark you calendars a couple weeks before the annual renewal and check on the renewal and setup of the billing information well beforehand. 
  3. Make sure if your billing info changes, you mark updating Arlo a priority.
  4. It appears if Arlo cancels your account due to an invalid or expired CC, you may not be able to rectify this from the many other posts I've read today.

I hope this helps.  In my case I was able to see and update the billing info using MS Edge.

Stay safe, stay alive.  Peace.  Have a great day!  Later.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea not everything is caused by Arlo. Glad it worked out. Good point to start the process early  before the last minute.  If you let legacy lapse yea they do cancel it and you can't get it back. I don't agree with that. 

Mackensie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes! I actually added a 3rd camera and wanted to add it to my Arlo Smart plan.  I ended up creating a support ticket because I couldn't figure out how to add the 3rd camera to my 2 other camera plan.  I was told I needed to add on a single-camera plan.  Okay cool.

So I go to the single-camera plan page and went to select my 3rd camera, but saw that my other two cameras were selected.  I didn't want to add them as additional single-camera plans since they were already on a plan I was paying for.  So I unselected those two and selected the new camera.

It ended up cancelling the plan for those first two cameras that I have been paying for Arlo Smart on for over 2 years without even giving me a warning that I was about to cancel my plan.

I immediately replied to my support ticket letting them know of my error, and asking them to reinstate the initial plan as I now had the 3rd camera on a plan.

I've gone back and forth with them 3 times already since then where they told me each time that I cannot get it back, even though they can easily see from my support ticket thread that I never wanted to cancel the Arlo Smart for my 2 current cameras.

THIS IS SO INFURIATING!!!!!  So much so that I'm going to start looking at some other security camera company like Ring vs upgrading the cameras that I have and never recommend arlo to anyone again. Actually, I'll warn people to NOT get arlo because their customer service is shady.  Which is sad because I have recommended them to so many people, including many times on Nextdoor.