Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
oddtodd
Star
Star

Stop with the Ads to upgrade every time I log into my account

73 REPLIES 73
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi oddtodd,

Could you let us know if you're receiving pop-ups through your phone device and/or web client? Which phone device are you using and/or what web browser are you using? If you're experiencing this on your phone device, what version on the Arlo app are you running? And could you also provide a screenshot showing this pop-up?

oddtodd
Star
Star

Ever time I log on to my Laptop (windows 10)I get  two separate adds asking me if I want to upgrade  .....EXTREMELY ANNOYING especially since I did not know that I would need to pay more money for option of being able to set targets. something that does not cost anything to Arlo. See below

Maybe Later

AND

Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure.

Activate Arlo Smart subscription today and watch motion video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Which browser are you using? Could you please share a screenshot of the pop-up?

oddtodd
Star
Star

Firefox Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshots. When you click on "Maybe Later" and log back on, do you still experience this issue? Are you experiencing this issue on incognito mode and/or other browsers (such as Google Chrome)?

oddtodd
Star
Star

Yes That is why I am complaining!!!!!!!!!! Every singles time I log in I get this
And I am NOT in incognito mode.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to try using other browsers to see if you experience this issue and check your browser settings (such as enabling cookie). Otherwise, try to clear your cache and cookies on your browser to see if that helps. 

If you still have problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

daleb1432
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get this as well on all web browsers and can not get rid of it.  

Jsanchez111
Initiate
Initiate
Happens on the app too so it’s clearly intentional. Well intentioned moderator is clueless.

In my opinion, advertisements in an application where I’d like to open the app and see my camera immediately is pretty tasteless. Will look into other solutions in the future.
oddtodd
Star
Star

Solutions in the future.....Stay away from Arlo and buy something else 😉

LeeZ
Tutor
Tutor

I am getting these ads everytime I go into the Android app. The ad currently is $5.49 per month for up to 5 cameras. The worst is it won't actually let me accept the deal. @JessicaP  How do I actually get this deal? The ad pops up on the phone. I click subscribe, it then asks me to log in which I do then it says it's timed out. It's an endless loop of signing in then nothing.

oddtodd
Star
Star

Why give them more money when they give you nothing in return?

CoolHand
Initiate
Initiate
I don’t want to buy your service. I would like to access the system I bought, quickly, without having to click past your offer several times a day. No means no.
Reedd
Initiate
Initiate
Recently Arlo has really stepped up its advertising game with popups when I open the app and push notifications on my phone for their sales.

I would end all push notifications but then I wouldn't get notifications about low battery and what not.

So Arlo, if you're listening, stop this. I dont want your subscriptions, I dont want to be pestered with your sales, I just want the old, simple, no nonsense app back. Keep this up and I'll be forced to leave you behind.
Phlier
Star
Star

I came here to say the exact same thing.

When I install an app on my phone, or an application on my computer, I expect it to perform its desired functionality, AND NOTHING ELSE. Do not bother me with ANY notifications, unless they are the ones that I have SPECIFICALLY requested.

Companies have just gone way beyond the boundaries of ethical behavior when it comes to marketing. And, after having two generations of Arlos now, I'm leaving.

I simply will not tolerate this type of unethical marketing. Oh, sure, you can disable notifications (which will get rid of the marketing), but then you lose the notifications that you actually want.

I will not do business with any company that pushes their marketing into my personal life, especially when there is no option to silence it.

Baelzharon
Guide
Guide
Why is the app spamming a paid service Everytime it opens. I've answered NO to the ads but it continues. Stop acting like jerks, fix the ad.
Dbtothadb
Guide
Guide

This is a security camera app, for gods sake. Why am I getting Arlo 20% off notifications?? And when I open the app, there's a pop-up blocking my view telling me all about your deals. If I wanted deals, I'd come to your website. If I want security, apparently I need to go with a different company??

Dbtothadb
Guide
Guide

I am receiving the notifications in Android, Pixel 3. OBviously, I can't turn the full app notifications off, since this would defeat the purpose of a security camera app. But I'm sure you guys know that already and are counting on it for ad space.

Dbtothadb
Guide
Guide

I sincerely hope that the delay and fuss caused by the ads does not cause any injury or loss of life because someone couldn't access their security camera in a timely manner to assess a problem.

Ferrard
Tutor
Tutor
How dare you advertise using the arlo app! First of all I never signed up for that type of service of having in app ads. Secondly the world is in a state of emergency and you conveniently start advertising now? Take it off or every media outlet will hear and see this to start avoiding your products!
elyaihu
Initiate
Initiate

My apple watch buzzes every time I get a phone notification, so now Arlo is buzzing my wrist to notify me that I can try out discounted Arlo Smart service.

I think Arlo is seriously trying to get me to shop around for competing products. 

Stop the advertising notifications!

ianc911
Guide
Guide

Just in the past week or so, you are spamming my phone once a day advertising a 60% off sale for a subscription, and I get a full screen splash ad every time I log on to the app.

I paid ~400$ for these devices and I don't need to be spammed on a daily basis with your advertisements. Is this really the way you want to treat your customers? Think about it.

How do I turn off these ads without compromising the notifications that I need to see; ie. those that actually have something to do with the cameras I bought?

FirTree55
Initiate
Initiate

I came here to say the same.  No obvious way in the app to turn off these notifications.

You want a 1-star rating?  Because that's how you get a 1-star rating.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is looking into the issue where you're receiving the promo ad pop up when you open up the Arlo app and/or receiving the push notification for the discounted Arlo Smart subscription. We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any new information.

For anyone who is receiving push notifications, could you share the screenshot of the push notification you receive on your phone device?