Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Roado
Follower
Follower

I would like to receive an invoice. I set up my smart subscription with an email address to send the invoice to and I received 1 invoice. I have tried reaching out by phone during business hours (Australian number) and got a recording asking me to call in business hours. I reached out to live chat and got anything other than live. I opened a case but have not heard back. Can someone please get back to me.

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

If you need an invoice, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat with the support team if you have an Arlo subscription on your account.

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Roado,

Let me send you a private message to gather more information from you in regards to your case.

Mikeh32
Tutor
Tutor
I’m chasing an invoice as well? Please don’t make it hard to follow up??? Can someone from Arlo please get back to me as I have had the same issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mikeh32,

To receive an invoice, please reach out to the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Mikeh32
Tutor
Tutor
This doesn’t make sense as I’m asking you to help me find out how to get a tax invoice. Arlo is happy to take my money for subscription but if you know the answer to how to get emailed a tax invoice I appreciate a link to getting it.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mikeh32 wrote:
This doesn’t make sense as I’m asking you to help me find out how to get a tax invoice. Arlo is happy to take my money for subscription but if you know the answer to how to get emailed a tax invoice I appreciate a link to getting it.

There is no "link". As she said you need to contact support  to get an invoice. There should be an easier way though.  

sammccoy
Tutor
Tutor

I too need to be able to print an invoice. I don't understand why this information isn't easily accessible like it is at every other website that charges my credit card!

I tried using the online chat. Before I could be transferred to an agent I received the following message: "After reviewing your account, it appears that you are not entitled to live agent support. However, you can utilize any of the self-support options available to you including this chat bot, the Arlo Community, and the Arlo support site where you can find how-to articles and videos."

Why is it so hard to get a stinkin' invoice? Has anyone had any luck?

sammccoy
Tutor
Tutor

I  need to be able to print an invoice. Why isn't there a Billing section under my profile like every other website that charges my credit card?

I tried using the online chat to contac. Before I could be transferred to an agent I received the following message: "After reviewing your account, it appears that you are not entitled to live agent support. However, you can utilize any of the self-support options available to you including this chat bot, the Arlo Community, and the Arlo support site where you can find how-to articles and videos."

Why is it so hard to get a stinkin' invoice? Has anyone had any luck?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sammccoy,

What invoice are you trying to receive from the support team? Do you have an Arlo subscription?

sammccoy
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have an Arlo subscription and they're good about charging my credit card every month but I have never received an automated invoice via email like every other company provides to its customers. There's also no way to view invoices from the customer account portal. I've been able to look past this issue in the past, but now my Accounts Payable department is requiring an invoice to substantiate the monthly Arlo charge. This seems like basic account portal infrastructure stuff.

Equally frustrating is how difficult it is to reach an actual human being at Arlo. They don't provide any phone numbers and their auto-chat function prevents you from speaking to a warm body. I'm not even able to select a proper tag for this post. Why isn't "billing" or "customer service" an option? The company seems to be dead-set against having interactions with their customers. It all seems so bizarre. 

I was able to reach a warm body via the auto-chat by expressing interest in purchasing an Arlo camera. The representative was able to supply me with invoices for the past two months, but it's going to continue being a problem moving forward until their engineers do something about it. I certainly don't want to go through this process every month and so I'll probably need to cancel the service. All because Arlo is unable to send me an invoice. Am I the only crazy one that needs an invoice?

Mikeh32
Tutor
Tutor
Hi our definitely not alone, I get filled with check this thread or got to support and it goes round in circles. I’m thinking about ending mine too as it’s got business purposes and I need an invoice. Why can’t it be emailed once payment has been received?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you need an invoice, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat with the support team if you have an Arlo subscription on your account.

sammccoy
Tutor
Tutor

The only way to reach a warm body through Live Chat is starting the chat by showing interest in purchasing new hardware. Once I realized that "hack," I was able to connect with someone who was able to provide the last two invoices.

Of course the bigger issue is, what happens with each subsequent month? Am I going to have go through live chat, under the guise of new customer, every month just to get an invoice? If an invoice can't be auto-emailed, Arlo should at least allow their customers the option to log in to their account and print out an invoice. That's basic stuff right there. Currently, that functionality does not exist, and I've been able to look past it for the 2.5 years I've been a customer. Since I use my account for business purposes, I have an Accounts Payable department to answer to. They require an invoice to substantiate every credit card transaction, which seems pretty reasonable to me!

DominiqueL
Initiate
Initiate

if you want customer service or things to make sense, like getting invoices or receipts,  you should of picked a service other than arlo. 

DominiqueL
Initiate
Initiate

the linke attached in this thread does not work. nothing works... like ever.