Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dbp70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Some background...

I purchased a Arlo Pro2 base Station and 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras in the States. I then brought these to the Philippines where I currently reside.  When I signed up for My Arlo and registered the products I used my Philippine address.

I have now purchased an additional camera bringing my total to 6. When I tried to add it to my system it said I needed a smart plan to support more than 5 cameras. I did not really have that much of an issue with this, and am prepared to pay the sub price for the added features.  However when I attempt to purchase a plan I am in a constant loop pushing me back to login and can never select a plan to purchase.

I have spoken with support and they have informed me that there are no Smart plans available in the Philippines which leaves me frustrated.

Are you aware of any other options to get this to work? Can I remove my devices from my current Philippine My Arlo account and create a NEW account with a US address and add the devices again and proceed with a Smart Plan purchase?

thanks

D

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to purchase a second base.  Create a separate account for that base, and then shift a couple cameras to it.  Then use the "grant access" function to share the cameras with the primary account.

This would let you continue to use the free service.

Mobalized
Tutor
Tutor
Setup your router (may require a different router) or some sort of bridge device with a VPN connected to a US server which the base would be connected to.
dbp70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen,

This seems like an option for me. Could you clarify a couple of things?

1. So if I purchased a second base station I could not simply add it to my existing account? Is the 5 camera limit per Arlo account and not per base station?

2. If I use your scenario of a second account for the second base station I could then "grant access" to my main account for up to another 5 camera from the second base station account? Then my "main" account would have 5 native camera's and then x number of camera that were granted access from another account?

Just want to make sure before I make a purchase

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dbp70 wrote:

1. So if I purchased a second base station I could not simply add it to my existing account? Is the 5 camera limit per Arlo account and not per base station?

The limit for the free plan is per account, so you'd need a second account.

@dbp70 wrote:

2. If I use your scenario of a second account for the second base station I could then "grant access" to my main account for up to another 5 camera from the second base station account? Then my "main" account would have 5 native camera's and then x number of camera that were granted access from another account?

Yes.  And you could extend this to three accounts later on if you had more than 10 cameras. 

Note you can do this in both directions (adding access to the new cameras to the main account, and also adding access to the exising cameras to the second account).

You do need to stick with the original WireFree, Pro, or Pro-2 models though, since the Pro-3 and Ultra currently need a subscription to store anything.  However, when Arlo rolls out direct access to local storage, that will change.  They've announced that direct access will be available by the end of the year for the Ultra and Pro-3.

rufernandez
Aspirant
Aspirant
A bit off-topic, but would anybody know about a repair center for Arlo in Metro Manila, Philippines?