Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pricing model for older Arlo cams (Arlo & Arlo 2) When Added To Arlo 3 or Ultra Smart Plan

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
vrenn
Initiate
Initiate

I currently have two original 720 res Arlo for our house. If i upgrade to an Arlo 3 or Ultra with the new base station and add my older Arlo (720)s over, will I be paying the price for the older camera too? For example, Arlo 3 has a $2.99 charge per camera per month with the 2k base station, does that mean my additional Arlo (720) will cost $2.99 too when added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey vrenn,

You can continue to use your older Arlo cameras on the 7-day free cloud storage no subscription and purchase just the $2.99 Arlo Smart add-on plan for the Arlo Pro 3 or Ultra if you need smart/cloud storage. Nothing will change until you pass a total of five cameras on your account. You can read more here about Arlo Smart Subscription: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey vrenn,

You can continue to use your older Arlo cameras on the 7-day free cloud storage no subscription and purchase just the $2.99 Arlo Smart add-on plan for the Arlo Pro 3 or Ultra if you need smart/cloud storage. Nothing will change until you pass a total of five cameras on your account. You can read more here about Arlo Smart Subscription: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

vrenn
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks JessicaP! That clarifies it for me to make my purchase then.